Equifax suprised me:)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

After we moved my new address was on Equifax almost immediately, however 2 months later they had my old one again, apparently Amex hadn't changed it and when they updated my old one got slapped back on there. I was going to fax them my personal info ( thanks breeze), but today thought what the heck I am having a grand of a day anyway why not call. The rep changed it immediately on my file, I explained about moving and having one creditor still using my old address, she said yes that's why it went back to the old address, that i knew of course but I was suprised she did it right over the phone without having me send my first born and my DNA LOL.

Well this was the bright spot of my day, Equifax who would have thunk it LOL

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Nicely done. You must have a way with words over the phone.

Here's a question: have you been getting your Amex bills on time, or have they gone to the old address? Or do you use the card so infrequently that it doesn't matter?

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo!! WTG Mom!!
    WTG Equifax!! Reasonable!! Who'd a thunk it?

I laugh every time I think about having to prove my DOB.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I basically told her ,look my address was updated in July 2001 of this year and now it's Sept 2001 and you are using my old address, just look at history and figure it out lol I also told her I know AMEX updated with that address and she said yes and told me the date and understood exactly what I was talking about, I know amazing but true LOL.

As for billing, I received my statements about 2 days later than I normally did b/c it was forwarded, but I always pay online anyway and didn't take notice at first that they still had old address on file even though i did update online. But it arrived about 2 days later than normal, still plenty of time if I needed to mail it.

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Wow! That's great, Mom.

And good for Equifax. hehehehe I knew they were capable of surprises but not generally the kind we like. I'm glad you didn't have to struggle to get your new address reporting properly.

Donna

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Breeze and Donna:) yes I am very surprised and happy, so asked if I had any other problems with reports, I said no she seemed just as surprised at me as I was at her LOL