EQUIFAX SUX

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Feb 12, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Equifax has managed to get my name wrong again. I even got a confirmation number when I spoke with them on 1/29. Nothing has changed, not even prior addresses which they told me were deleted in our phone conversation. They have now requested verifying documents for the 3rd time. What happened to the 30 day rule? Maybe they will deam my dispute frivolous if I ask again to have my name corrected. Geeze, maybe I'll just assume the name they gave me and then they can get me for fraud. Would be alot easier than dealing with these idiots.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Jamie,

I sure empathize with you. Equifax is driving me crazy, too!

No, they aren't continuously changing my name...it seems I finally conquered that battle...it took a while, though...and my married name was simple; but, to Equifax, it must have seemed like a ten-syllable word!

Anyway, the problem I'm having is with my address. Equifax keeps changing the city! hehehe Didn't know I moved around so much.

I've lost track of how many times I've sent in corrections but, currently, it's showing correctly.

My main gripe is that Equifax won't delete the derogs on my JCPenney account. Penneys contacted them, I'm sure, and the account is showing positive on the other two bureaus. I've sent copies of the confirmation letters (which I received from Penneys) but that's not good enough for Equifax. Whenever I dispute, the account comes back verified.

If Equifax would only bother to do their job and verify the account change with Penneys, they would see that the copies of the letters I submitted were valid.

Heaven only knows how long it's going to take to get Equifax to properly update my Penneys account but I'm not going to let them off the hook! Tenacity is one of my assets and I'm ready for the challenge.

Donna

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: you know..

That every time a record from a creditor is sent in, they update your name/addy from it, so check your name, address, etc with your creditors, because if they are spelt wrong, bingo, a new address line will appear when the tapes come in and the data is updated.

:)

4. JD

JD Guest

I want to stay up-to-date with you guys re: equifax. I still have them to deal with (haven't got their report yet) them. Are you doing it by phone or mail?

5. steve

steve Well-Known Member

If you KIDS would let someone deal with the credit bureaus that can get the job done you would have no problems.

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

My disputes have all been via mail. However, some folks here have disputed by phone and initiating an investigation online has also been very popular.

So you've got lots of options. I'm just one who prefers to use the mail.

Donna

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Someone like who?

8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

So far I have only tried to correct my name and get rid of previous addresses. I first wrote, sent ID. Got a letter back requesting ID. Sent that in, nothing was done. Called, and talked with a rep who said she updated my name and deleted prior addresses, got confirmation number. Today I got a letter requesting ID, I called and demanded my name be changed, and delete those addresses. I am done sending ID. Well, I got another confirmation number for what thats worth. Next letter they get. will be from my attorney. They will probably delete the whole file then. Who knows....MORONS

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

What nonsense Equifax is putting you through, Jamie. As long as the customer has a confirmation number, Equifax probably thinks they are buying silence, at least for a while.

What I use is Equifax online watch. That way, I know *immediately* when there is any changes to my report. It works pretty well. In fact, I wish the other bureaus offered something similar.

Keep us posted. Eventually, they've gotta get your name right!

Donna

10. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Thanks Donna and Everyone, you are always here to support me. :)

11. Saar

Saar Banned

Donna wrote:
    "What I use is Equifax online watch. That way, I know *immediately* when there is
    any changes to my report. It works pretty well. In fact, I wish the other bureaus
    offered something similar."

TransUnion does offer a similar service. I've enrolled and it's working well. Check this link: http://www.creditability.com

Their program lets you pull 2 online credit report, and notifies you of important changes to your credit file throughout the year (including hard inquiries).

Saar

12. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Is there a charge for this service Saar?