Equifax taking its sweet time...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

to bother even putting in my disputes.

Sent one on July 5. Received on July 9. I called on July 19 to find out why no disputes were showing...

It didn't get put in til the 26th. My process will be done on Aug 26th. Sure, I'll wait quietly. NOT.

They really suck.

2 disputes. 1 consumer statement. Consumer statement wasn't even added.

I'll do the obligatory letters complaining but they've already done so much wrong it's a joke.

The second dispute was 2 pages. They did the first 4 items and nothing else.

I love their inability to do their jobs even adequately.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Marie,

I am sorry to hear about this!

On another matter, could you explain to me what Nana did to get rid of her BK in the public record section on Experian? I'd like to do the same approach on Equifax.

Thanks - Jim

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

It's quite alright. I knew they'd ignore about half of what's disputed. Just more evidence of willful noncompliance. It's a good thing for the lawsuit!!!

Equifax dragging its feet is just making filing the lawsuit a few more weeks off... but it makes the case stronger.

I posted the bk removal before. Thought you saw it actually :)

All we did was sandwich in a bk dispute as

"I have never filed a bankruptcy with zero liablities. Please correct".

Nana did the "I have never filed a bankruptcy with case number xxx".

Walking a fine line, yes. but certainly legal. Her case was wrong so it went POOF :) I thought it might. I didn't think they'd bother searching her NAME and seeing if there's a different case. They just checked the case (and I'm sure it came up with a different name) so hers went byebye.

I'm doing mine in between a TON of nit picky disputes. Cap1 limits, Target limits, some student loan duplicates (and yes, real errors). since half my disputes were ignored... bam lawsuit.

Plus they're taking over 3 weeks to even log my disputes in. Plus they're not doing the inquiries (and one is dead wrong... with a removal UDF on its way to the CRAs)...

I'm using the LK hammer... find their points, push them (and so I found a way to dispute the bk so I could get it removed in exchange for a lawsuit dismissal).

Method to the madness.

I doubt the process would work well if you just disputed the bk... they'll match the number to your name and blap. done. Course you could then ask for procedural description and see what you get... but I think a single dispute approach would be weak.

IF you could find other things to dispute and are willing to file a lawsuit.. you might get it cleaned.

You know the lawsuit process :) That's all there is to it. It was just a legitimate way to dispute the bks. (mine is missing all assets and liablilities) and certainly a 100k bk is less harmful than a 3M bk)... well, not for fico, but for a manual review???

anyway, legally accurate and complete? no way. Even their literature shows a bk with assets and liabilities. So that's it. Hope this helps you.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Marie,

I wish you success with yoor disputes.

Jim

5. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Marie,

Merchants Association (So. FL TU affiliate) has been reporting my BK-7 with and incorrect case number for 9+ years. In mid May Junum got it deleted but 2 weeks later they re-inserted it. In addition to that the listing reflects $0 liabilities, an attorney's name (have no idea who he is) and the BK judges name is misspelled.

My BK-7 was deleted from my EX report about 2 years ago and today EQ notified me that they have deleted it as well. I think I'm going to try your approach and see if it works.

Manny

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Manny.

If they reinserted without notice I believe they've violated the FCRA. If they put it all back wrong you may want to just sue them in small claims court.

You don't have to admit you ever filed, you just say you never filed with that case number and judge. That they removed it and reinserted it without notice.

If you have other derogs you could do one last dispute but then I'd file.

I think the mistake I've made is by taking so long. Now I have to wait for this last round to complete... but I think we should give them one set of screwups then file.

NOT play their game over and over while we suffer and they don't care.

You have a legitimate gripe here.

1. Ask for a procedural description of the verification.
    2. If it's still an issue, I'd file suit.

I'd do nothing else and I would be all your derogs might come off as well.
    Or you can do the longer approach. It's your choice.

7. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Marie,

I'm going to follow your advise. If this last letter doesn't cut it, then were off to small claims court. I threatend EQ with a lawsuit and it worked.

Thank you for your response.

Manny