Equifax verif..weird

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mary, Dec 1, 2000.

1. Mary

Mary Guest

I disputed 4 items with equifax 30 days ago. Today I got a letter saying they verified one item (no surprise) but the other three are still listed as "Consumer disputes." Im confused, if its beyond the 30 day period, dont they have to delete it? Im assuming they havent been verified, or else it would be marked "verified/" the only thing they are commenting on is the one they verified. any ideas? Thanks

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I had this happen too, along the line with consumer disputes it also says reinvestigation in progress, is that what yours says?? B/c I believe someone mentioned that they had disputed with Equifax on a listing several times and Equifax included consumers disputes but didn't reinvestigate it. Just want to know if that phrase is also included on your reports??

3. Mary

Mary Guest

Im not sure why they are even calling it a re-investigation. I never asked for these items to be looked at before now. Also, I cant understand why they didnt either delete it, or mark it as verified. You'd think theyd mark it as verified so they wouldnt have to deal with it anymore; it's kind of vague this way. Its annoying because I cant find out until Monday. They didnt mention anything about not reinvestigating, as you said. There is no comment at all except to say that the one item was verified. I need an answer from them too because I have to time my next dispute. Its been 30d ays so I guess thats it.