Equifax will not delete inquiries??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, May 11, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Hello,

Equifax sent that famous letter saying they will not delete inquiries. Did anyone get past this successfully? I know lizardking has some letter #2 that he sent after he received that response from Equifax. Can someone post it here or help me search the posts for that letter?

What other techniques were used with the other two CRA's? Phone calls? Letters? And what was your success?

Thanks
    Kevin

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in seeing that also. I'm having that problem and that "they stay on your report for 2 years" crap is bogus! For what? I hate CRAs...(can you tell I'm not having the best day).

3. SM

SM Active Member

Experian tried to pull the same crap with me about inquiries, stating that they can't delete inquiries and I needed to contact the creditor who pulled the report.

Well, I did send letters to the creditors, but I wrote back to Experian and cited the FCRA law that says:

"Sec. 611 (a) If the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in his file is disputed by a consumer, and such dispute is directly conveyed to the consumer reporting agency by the consumer, the consumer reporting agency shall within a reasonable period of time reinvestigate and record the current status of that information unless it has reasonable grounds to believe that the dispute by the consumer is frivolous or irrelevant...."

Nowhere does it say that the CRA only has to verify certain information. It says "any item". This includes inquiries, wrong addresses, wrong DOB, wrong employer, etc.

I told Experian if I did not get satisfying results from them within 10 days of receipt, I would be filing a complaint through the FTC, BBB & Attorney General. If that doesn't work, I will go through the court system.

I am personally tired of being jacked around by the CRA's. I know there are inquiries on my credit report that were not initiated by me. They are hard inquiries - which means the consumer would have to give permissible purpose to generate such an inquiry.

Good luck - nail them with letters citing the law which has been set forth for them to follow.

SM

4. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

SO you sent that letter. What was the result? Did you send it to al three CRA's? WHat happened with them?

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Good going! Also, if you look at the FCRA definition of "file" it states everything in the report.

and that would include inquiries.