Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eddie, Jun 1, 2001.

1. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Eq has always been my worst report. I disputed the same charged off accounts and collections over and over with no luck at all. Today they finally got it right. They deleted an old citibank charge off, another old Bank One Charge off and the last collection still showing. I'm only left with one other Bank One c/o which will fall off in November. I wont know what to do with myself not having to battle wth eq. anymore. Yeeehaw

2. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Eddie,
    First, congratulations!!

Second, I'm having this problem currently and hoping you'll indulge some questions.

When you say over and over, did you dispute other things in between or did you dispute the same right back at them? Did you always stick with "not mine" or vary the dispute reason? I've heard that they say that it was already disputed so they won't investigate again.

3. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

They never refused a dispute. I started off saying the balances were wrong and that the accounts were paid off(they were still showing balances.) After I started reading this board however I always disputed them as not mine even though they are mine. I started on that tack in February, disputing online. I would redispute the day after they finished the prior dispute. They never said any were frivolous although sometimes I think they really they just waited a month a said they were verified when they really did nothing. I also worked on the creditors writing and calling complaining about how they were reporting incorrectly. It was a real battle but persistence pays off.

4. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thanks for the info. I thought I was stuck, but you've just shown me the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm thinking that your persistence with the creditor finally got them to not respond. Or who knows, maybe the CRA lackey got tired and just removed it. Either way good for you. I've started down that path, my 2nd complaint letter is off to the creditor. As soon as my next dispute comes back, that chgoff will be my 4th,5th,....xth dispute, until removed.