Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Here is my problem.

I disputed a collection account with NCO. It was for an old emergency room visit. I was traveling. I called my Primary Doctor upon arriving home. I went to his office while he filled out a "Referral" He faxed a copy to the insurance company and he gave me a copy. I receive a copy from my insurance company showing they paid the check number ect, the usual stuff.

I get a call from NCO telling me I owe this bill. I faxed them a copy of the explanation of benefits showing their client was "PAID".

I never gave it another thought until I ordered my credit reports. I wanted to start to repair/rebuild what ever one wants to call it. There it was listed big as day, Collection account from NCO for the emergency room visit.

I disputed the account, TU and Experian deleted the account. Equifax claims it was "verified" I called NCO, they told me "We don't have an account for you". HMMMM Its strange less than 2 weeks ago I receive an amended report from Equifax stating the account was verified, NCO says we don't have the account anywhere in our system. If we ever had the account it would be in our system. It's not showing and Equifax claimed to have verified the debt. I sent them a letter asking for means of verification, so we will see what happens.

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

TRy this

Get NCO to put that in writing and then send it to Equifax demanding it to be removed.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

call them

I've had Equifax do a 3 way call... and correct info right there on the phone.

They'll tell you it's not "normal procedure" to which you can rebuke them with "but it is to 'verify' information that doesn't exist?" Tell them you're going to talk w/an atty about your rights...

they'll make the call. If I were you, and if they don't... I'd demand procedural verification, redispute one more time... and if there's still a brick wall... SUE THEM in small claims court and DON"T SETTLE.

Get their money. clearly, they're lying.

4. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Re: call them

Thanks for the suggestions Molly and Marie, I appreciate your help. I asked NCO if they would send me a letter stating the account doesn't exist, they told me to dispute it with the credit bureau. Actually the lady I spoke with was nice and I didn't want to push the issue with them. She gave me her name ect.

Here is the funny part, they couldn't tell me who the orginal creditor was, name, address, phone number ect. This whole situation is unreal. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. NCO admiting there is nothing in their system with the account number listed on my Equifax report. They did a name search....NOTHING.

Equifax telling me they verified the information as accurate and complete.

5. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

TRy this

Better yet, do exactly what you said, get NCO to put it in writing and then go find you an attorney or even do it Pro Se if a lawyer can't be found.

The courts are getting much more lenient with Pro Se ligigants and the Supremes are demanding that they do. The reason is that legal counsel is so expensive that many people are being denied their right to due process of law because of the high cost of legal counsel. So the law now says that the plea of a pro se litigant may not be denied for the simple lack of their failure to state claim upon which relief can be granted nor to adhere to standard normally demanded of professional counsel.

You can write your pleas on toilet paper and present it to the court and your pleas cannot be denied. There have been many cases where the plaintiff actually did just that, and their motions were heard and if their argument was valid, they got their relief.

Bill Bauer

6. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

Re: TRy this

I learn something new everyday.....!!!!

Thanks Bill...!!!

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: TRy this

Re: call them
    Author: Terry (proxy2-external.corlis1.pa.home.com)
    Date: 04-24

Here is the funny part, they couldn't tell me who the orginal creditor was, name, address, phone number ect. This whole situation is unreal. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. NCO admiting there is nothing in their system with the account number listed on my Equifax report. They did a name search....NOTHING.

Equifax telling me they verified the information as accurate and complete.=========
    Reply To Message ----------Maybe the would rather tell it to the Judge!