ERica : Both?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, May 1, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Erica,
    I was trying to HELP you out. I was also only responding to lizardkings attacks on me. I will not make that mistake again. But you calling me childish with your confused credit situation is a joke.

Saar is right. Get it together Please.! How can anyone help you.

roni

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Roni,
    I didn't mean to offend you, and if I'm not mistaken, I did thank you for helping me.

I understand that you were just defending yourself. Believe me, I understand.

I really do value the information that you have given to me, and hope that you can help me out in the future.

Hopefully the nastiness will be taken care of *again* and we can all post in peace.

Again, if I offended you, I'm sorry.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Erica. WE will leave it there. I will be honest with you. You need to stop, look and listen.

Your credit situation is in a crisis in my opinion. I also feel you are extremely defiant to the advise and opinions of this board.

Your credit will not be fixed overnight (contrary to some beliefs). There is no quick fix. Any quick fix will come back to haunt you.

I consider myself an expert. Why? Because I have been there and done that, been there and back, and aint going back there again.

Your first step is to relax, then get on the phone and make some sense out of that confusing credit report you keep posting.

It is the same as the one you posted months ago. Yes I remember.

Get on the phone and get all those loans consolidated, rehabilitated and 0 balanced.

A defaulted student loan is as bad as a Citibank Charge off.

And by the way, a NA balance means it was claimed by the government and the guarantor will be reporting a big balance soon if they havenot already. That should besomeone on your report or it is coming. LIke I said, make some sense out of that stuff.

I am sure somewhere you have an idea of the Loans you have taken out for school.

if not, 1 800 4fed aid will have the exact amounts for you.

roni

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

All of my defaulted loans are consolidated. I currently have 2 loans, the current school year and the consolidated loan. I don't know where you get the impression that the N/A balances are going to pop up and bite me. Those N/A balances were consolidated in 8/99.

I'm still confused as to what the objective of consolidating loans for school when I still have 2 years left. If I consolidate now, I will then have another loan in the fall.

The Fleet account that shows the N/A is a collection from guarantor (NYS). The NYS account shows a N/A, but is closed due to the consolidation. The unknown account is nothing that the department of education can verify (also balances of N/A). They have no records of this account under my name. PERIOD. The CRA'S keep verifying an account that doesnt exist.

Maybe you can clarify this for me.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Erica, Question?

How did your loans default , while you are still in school.

roni

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

No, I was not in school at the time they defaulted. I decided to go back to school in June 1999 and had them rush the consolidation. It was finalized in August 1999, and I started school back up in September 1999.

"Our records indicate that the principal balance outstanding for your loan(s) is $15,513.44"

So what does this mean?

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

where is that stated erica? on your credit report. On your student loan statement?
    the balances.?

DO ALL OF YOUR LOANS REPORT AS PAID????

roni

8. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

The part I quoted came from the direct loans service center website. In looking at that, it still has the first loan as in default, but the balance is zero.

The other information I posted came from my credit reports, and not all of them report as paid. NYS is reporting paid,and one of the US Dpt of ed is reported as closed, not paid and there is no balance.

All of the loans have no balances listed or N/A with the exception of the two current ones that are in deferment.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok erica,

I will assume that you can read your reports and have it all under control.

i still dont understand why you get turned down if all your other debts are cleared.

I am sure EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT.

GOD BLESS!

RONI

10. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Thank you for the luck.