Erica!!! IAMBUZZED!JASON-AMEX

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I applied yesterday for the student AMEX charge card and was approved today pending verification of my enrollment.

I applied over the internet and called this morning.

I do have a paid charge off on my report from 1995.

My question for Jason is, after 6 months of timely payments, should I apply for a regular card?

I dont know what the procedure was for qualification, but i will call to find out more.

the number to new accounts is: 1800-343-3331

2. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

Re: Erica!!! IAMBUZZED!JASON-A

After six months, you should be able to just convert your student card to a regualr personal. Simply call customer service and they will do it for you. You will keep the exact same account and will be sent a new card

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Reshod

Reshod,
    I appreciate your post about Amex Student, however my score is 583, and I doubt they would give me one. I won't be graduating until 2003, and I figure there is still time to get that score up and apply.

BTW, what is your score?

Erica

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Reshod

YOU GO BOY!

roni

5. Iambuzed

Iambuzed Guest

Hey Erica..I got a score of 566. What do you think are my chances of getting the student card? I also have charged off in 1998. That was one of the reasons I couldnt get regular Green. What do you think are my chances of getting the student card. thanks

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Iambuzed,

I don't know what your chances are. I want to know the same thing. LOL :)

If anyone here knows.... Please let us know!!

Erica

7. Iambuzed

Iambuzed Guest

Reshod

Opps. sorry erica, I thought you were the orginal poster that got accept for the student AMEX. I just joined junum to remove my charge off and the negatives so i think im going to wait until then. Besides i got a rejected a couple of times in the last couple of months so i dont want any more inquires. Good luck to you. and keep us posted

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

That's my HNIC!!!! :-D