Esurance..please Read!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by arobinson, Jun 12, 2001.

1. arobinson

arobinson Well-Known Member

Hello, I have a question, not credit related, but sort of. My fiancee' is 19, and her car insurance is ridiculous, she pays Allstate $1200 every 6 months, she just got a quote from Esurance, for half that. We want to take it, my question, is just how reliable is Esurance.com? I can't find any feedback on the web, good or bad, any experiences?

Thank you!

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

They are a web based agent, much like insweb.com, and insurance.com. What's more important is who the company is that they are placing your insurance with. Also check out other companies such as www.travelers.com directly (they are rated A ++ for stability-one of the highest in the property casualty industry.). Also try an independant agent. The Travelers website will refer you to an independent agent who can shop for the best rate with companies such as Firemans Fund, Safeco, Etc.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$1200 EVERY SIX MONTHS IS STUPID!!!!

MY SON PAID $700 FOR HIS CAR...AND I STILL PAY ALMOST $800 PER YEAR FOR HIM.
    COMPARED TO THE PRICE OF THE CAR, IT IS STILL A RIP OFF!!!!

I SURE HOPE THAT$1200 FOR 6 MONTHS INCLUDES A FREE DRIVER TO DRIVE YOUR CAR WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE IT??? AND FREE WASHING AND WAXING EVERY WEEK.

:)

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Have your girlfriend call Amex Property and Casualty. I've had great results (as well as awesome rates) from them. I have YET to find anyone cheaper. I don't have the # but check their website.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

SAN FRANCISCO Insurance Rates

Hey Y'ALL! George - thought you'd appreciate this:

I own outright:

1995 Maxima GLE - 79K miles - bought new in Oct 1994 - perfect garaged California car condition - no rust within 1000 miles of this car. Green Tan Leather.

No tickets EVER! (parking yes, but I pay those)
    No violations of any kind (other than moral issues)
    garaged at home in SF in great neighborhood;
    garaged at work in enclosed parking structure.
    I drive 6 miles each way - 5 days week.

GEICO - since I've owned the car new - average $800 every six months. $500 deductible /100000/300000 on everything /collision and liability / rental car / preferred everything / NOW I am down to $550 every six months.

They told me the problem with San Francisco is
    so many NEW DRIVERS have just arrived in the country. ( I will not go into $600K one bdrm condos, power outages, dot.com failures, pink-slip parties for internet folks, or San Francisco's overall moral intolerance for anything very strange or weird....like George Bush for example...however, that's not the point of my fabulous commentary.)

My partner at work has three kids (teenagers, college girls) and they pay nearly 5K yr.

SO, put 700,000 people in 43 square miles, then add 1 million drivers entering one city 5 days a week, and your buddy Dogman has a deal!

ADD the $250 month I pay to park.

c ya dogman

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GEICO Loyalty

I will admit that I am completely loyal to Geico - sure others could be cheaper, but I trust Geico.
    I put them in the AMEX Card category - 2 business relationships worth keeping.

What's strange is I get pre-approved INSURANCE policies - just dial in the phone and activate - but you see Trans Union sold them the data.

c ya dogman

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi Shantel: I just saw this - I guess if I did switch, I'd be willing to go to AMEX casualty. Momof3 got insurance also from AMEX.

It also makes good business relationship sense.
    Hope all is well - Dogman

9. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Just be very careful with who they place the insurance. Insurance is only beneficial when you need it. If you have State Farm or Hartford, you will get screwed when you have a problem. Check them out on the internet.

You may have seen the expose on State Farm a year ago on TV. Why anyone would deal with them is beyond me. I am dealing with Hartford now and it is a nightmare.

I did some online searching yesterday and State Farm and Hartford were listed as the two worst.

10. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: GEICO Loyalty

Dog,
    I would love to switch to Geico, but unfortunately they can't save me 10% or more on my auto insurance. So, I checked out AMEX auto insurance, and they can save me over $400 per year on my car. I know that doesn't seem like alot, but when you are in college $400 is like the end of the rainbow. BTW, I pay $400 every 6 months with Progressive right now, but with AMEX, I would only pay $170 every 6 months.

Have a great day!

11. rogerjones

rogerjones Active Member

I have used e-insurance for the last 5 months. I have been pleased so far. Customer service has been responsive with any questions I have had. Rates are the best I located. I have not had any claims, so I don't know how they will be when the true need arises. Hope this helps.

roger

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Geico did just give me the best rate on my house insurance..:)

13. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I got AmEx also, I saved $800 a year, they are the best. I had a claim the first month when I had an accident and they were so good.

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I've heard great things about Amex! :)

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Erica - I will go to AMEX site and search for auto insurance and take a look.

thanks very much - Dogman

16. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Why do I use GEICO? Had a great car that was totaled 2 years ago--didn't have full coverage--insured with some other company.

Managed to get the $2,000 trade in value (dealer offer of min $2k on any trade-in, working or not). Of course, they inflated the price of the SUV I got a little bit. Got FULL coverage for the SUV with GEICO. Rates were only a little more than collision-only with the other guys. Had the new SUV for about 9 months when it was stolen! grrrrrrr GEICO paid out on the claim in 40 days and I got another model SUV (this one has an alarm ;-) GEICO didn't raise my rate, in fact, it went DOWN because this vehicle is rated safer than the stolen one!