Ethan Allen

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Newcomer, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

This question is for anyone who has shopped at Ethan Allen. Are their prices worth it?

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Personally, as one who has shopped extensively for furniture to fill a very large new home I think their prices are horribly overinflated.

I have had great success in checking my local papers for moving sales. Most people who have Ethan Allan furniture for sale say so right in the ad. I bought a beautiful bedroom set, 1 year new, for about 1/3 the retail. I also frequent consignment shops and estate auctions and have found the most unique items for my home.

The only retail furniture I have bought was online from Blackwelders Furniture. I bought a $4,000 retail (saw it at Good's Furniture Store and it's awesome) leather chair and ottoman for $2000. I also bought a beautiful Italianate bed from them for my daughters room which I saw at a furniture store in NY (can't remember which one) but got it for less than half price at Blackwelders. I've have been extremely happy with their service and delivery not to mention saving $$ on tax. The delivery fees are VERY reasonable. They are one of those North Carolina direct from the manufacturer businesses. If you can't get to NC you can just go "online." For credit card purchases they will take the entire amount unless you specify that you would like to pay half now and half at time of shipping which is what I did. I don't think they have buyer financing.

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Thank you, Mist. It just so happens, I live in NC, so this should be very simple:)

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Newcomer,
    Glad to help...

since you live in NC you'll probably have to pay the tax but your shipping costs will be lower, I would think.

Here's the link to their online catalog. I shop online alot and I give Blackwelder's a 10 out of 10!

And to those who would ask...NO, I don't work for them and have no affiliation with anyone who does...they are just a fantastic company with outstanding quality of the furniture and the customer service as well as handling of online transactions and delivery!

http://www.homefurnish.com/blackwelders/

5. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

This is a little off topic. On Saturday, a door to door salesman showed up at my door selling Ethan Allen furniture. He had a whole truckload of it out front and was willing to sell it cheap. I don't buy my furniture from door to door salesman and figured it was hot.

6. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member