Eureka! I got BofA online!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marypc, May 7, 2001.

1. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I am doing the prime credit happy dance! I applied on saturday night, for a classic card. I got the message that my app needed further review, and the message said to check back within 24 hrs. I figured it was declined, but checked just now, and I got the PLATINUM w/a $5800 limit!!!

As for Providian and there no grace period, 23.99 interest, no limit increase in a year sorry selves...

BUH BYE!!!!!!!

Yay! I am so happy I cant even express it. I hope they didnt make a mistake! Zippity doo dah, zippity ay!!!!

Thanks to all who have given me advice and help to get me here. I am not sure who they pulled, but I think it must have been Trans Union, according to the MCS site. IF so, I have a paid tax lien (rel'd in 1996, ) a charge off from GMAC from 1995, and an unpaid collections account from Collectech, (Verizon) so my report is far from perfect. I have no idea what my score is on that, but my Equifax jumps around from 610-630.

2. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Do you have a checking account or anything with them? Just curious...

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations. You're now leaving subprime hell! ;o)

5. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone :) Jill, I dont have any accounts with Bank of America...But i might get one now!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow....your credit must be the bomb now. BofA doesn't (or well they use to didn't) give credit to just anyone. They normally like to see that you are already a customer first.

Nice job!

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I also got a BofA platinum and do not have any Bank Account with them.

8. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I just got a gold card a week ago with $3800 limit. Congratulations!

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Marypc,
    After you received BofA card, you can get rid of Providian. I don't like Providian because they forced me to close the secured card because they found I had charge-off accounts in my credit reports years ago.
    Congradulations!!!

Ron.