Everyone please read

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Candi, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

I am kinda new here. I have been lurking for a few months and have posted a few questions here. I appreciate all answers I have received. Sometimes those of us who are new to the board feel a little incompetent. We are new to this and so many of you are real experts at it now. I really appreciate those of you who have achieved excellent credit and still come to the board and offer advice. I would just like to ask that some of you be a little nicer. The posts I have seen about people being criticized for spelling a word wrong or using caps are so ridiculous. I just read another post were someone told another person that they had no business applying for credit because they are not credit worthy. How rude. Why are you people here? This is a great board and I don't know why people want to be so mean. Can we all just be nice and try to help each other?
    Thanks for reading,
    Candi

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That's a nice post, Candi and one which I too wish could come to pass.

There are, however, always those few people having some special gift, such as a higher degree of education or experience in just about any field of endoavor who become so enamoured with themselves and their prowess and supposed accomplishments in their particular field of endeavor or interest that they end up on an ego trip, and will stop at nothing to arrive at and maintain their perceived status as dictators of whatever they consider to be their realm.

History gives us many examples of this in the political realm, most of whom had anyone who dared speak out against them quickly put to death or otherwise tortured.

It seems that no matter what technological heights we elevate ourselves to, we are never able to also elevate our inner selves so that such things as you speak out against are also elevated to higher levels. What our Lord tried to teach us over 2,000 years ago has never yet and most likely never will be learned by all of mankind.

So long as man can find some little thing with which he can balm his ego, he will always find the means to ensure that those who fail to properly salute or bow down to him will quickly be ostracised and made to look small, inconsequential and of no worth or value.

I have visited quite a few different boards and newsgroups throughout the more than 20 years that the internet has existed in one form or another, and it's always been the same scenario. One person starts to talk about whatever subject and before long another enters upon the scene who knows more or thinks they know more than the current most knowledgeable person and an immediate battle of wits breaks out over whose opinion or way of thinking or doing things is best.

While much is to be gleaned from the winner of these cockfights by all, much is also lost because the person least able to defend his positions usually goes off elsewhere so that he does not have to endure the continual barbs of the supposed victor and peace and tranquility apparently once again reign until such time as the next smarter person comes along and the fight is on once again.

In actuality, there are no winners of this endless array of mindgames because the perceived victor, seemingly able to leap tall buildings with a single bound and outrun speeding bullets also has only limited knowledge and can only offer a very limited range of expertise and supposed help to those less well endowed than he.

Never fear. The next rocket scientist is not far away and will probably arrive on the scene in short order and the fights will indubitably start all over again, if indeed they ever cease.

Just the nature of the beast known as man.

Please don't dispair, for there is always a little bad in the best of us and a little good in the worst of us.

The loser of the battle of wits

3. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

C--

I must side with you on this one.

Over the course of a few months there has been a change with this board and the "leadership" (the ones most vocal and/or knowledgeable).

The lastest change is for some newer memebers to become more vocal and dominant in a very arrogant manner.

I suggest in your quest for help, that the search function be your best friend and let it guide us all in making informed and correct decisions.

4. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

I just want to say that I am fairly new after lurking for a while and I have had all good experiences and even emailed some of you back and forth...this board is helpful and at the same time full of opinions, which everyone has a god given right to bestow....of course, everyone in the world isn't going to agree on everything....I just look at it this way...there is always someone out there that is better that you, may know more than you, have more experience than you, so I just take the position as a "student" trying to soak up as much information as I can, and that is exactly what this board has done for me...jocularity and all... :)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If you think it is getting BAD...you should have been around when we had REAL TROUBLE MAKERS!!!!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

Yes I did all caps...

7. chelechele

Here we go.... :)

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that one. This board was a mess which led to the new board format with signup.

9. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

I like the format now. Most of the non-credit related exchanges are between those who have had problems seeing eye to eye in the past. All others are just plain moodiness if you ask me. Oh well, you can't get perfection anywhere now a days.lol

10. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

The only feature on this board that I don't like is being able to see the number of times a post was viewed.

It's somewhat disheartening to post or see a posted question with 87 views, yet no one could take a minute to respond.

11. chelechele

true, but remember...there are a LOT of lurkers....I was once one myself....I guess I needed to muster up enough courage to display my woes in front of everyone before I started posting...

12. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

lol....for me, I wanted to learn as much as I possibly could before I made a fool of myself. I also had to figure out what all the abbreviations meant. :)

13. Shirley

I didn't mean that people should post their woes. It's just kind of obvious that a lot of the more well known posters here don't respond as often as they used to. I can understand that to a degree; answering the same questions over and over does get to be a bit much, but there are a lot of What do you think? posts that are just ignored. Hell, even Bill doesn't weigh in.

I hope to some day be able to respond to posts with confidence but frankly, my knowledge of credit repair is still a work in progress.

14. chelechele

Blonde here....over

15. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Candi,

Your point is well taken. Everyone should be civil here on the board. I have always stated that I have found this board to be very beneficial for my credit restoration. However...

Don't be naive. A person or two here on the board have multiple identities and like to stir things up. New people on the board don't realize this and see the comments as rude but sincere. If someone is being rude - put them on ignore. If someone is rude to you personally - straighten them out and then put them on ignore. Two people here were rude to me and are gone. Two others were rude and I have them on ignore. I should mention that the two people on ignore have multiple identities here. LOL

To: Shirley

Sorry to hear that a thread was read 87 times with no response but...

I for instance never discuss collections, validation letters, charge offs, car repos etc. because I have no experience with these matters. Perhaps, no one responded because they had nothing to contribute.

Best regards - Jim

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Shirley:

I've not been "weighing in" the last few days mostly because recently every time I open my mouth some rude buffoon or other keeps deriding every comment I make.

Then there are also many times when I feel that I am not qualified to answer a particular posted question or give any valid help.

I have no delusions that lead me to believe that I can clear tall buildings with a single bound nor outrun speeding bullets while splitting my sides with laughter at those less endowed than I.

In plainer terms, I try not to be a know-it-all and I don't have the answers to every question someone may ask.

So please excuse me if I don't "weigh in" on every question.

I hope that I have not misinterpreted what you meant by "weigh in"

If I have, please excuse me.

17. Shirley

I apologize if my post conveyed a tone regarding unreplied to posts.

I'm sure that this board experiences turnover every few months or so as people work their way up and out of their bad credit situation. The newbies of today will be the Ronis, Moms and Nanas of the near future as they move along in the process. Right now it seems we have a group that are very far along in their repair and getting houses (yay!) and then there are bewildered newbies. I'm somewhere in between.

I too don't feel qualified to answer many questions here. When I'm comfortable doing that I will try to help.

Again, sorry for any misunderstandings.

18. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Funny how no one EVEN NOW has taken the name of that person! (shall he remain nameless as to not give anyone smart ideas, and that this board not be graced by his foul name again)

Bad karma! Bad vibes...like naming your kid John Wayne Gasey or something I guess :)

-Peace, Dave

19. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Is it a full moon???

I just skip over anything that looks like someone is having a cow and proceed to the next item that interests me.

I look forward to most posts and have found this board to be tons of help even though I don't always understand the process as I'm new to this.

20. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Not to be picky or anything, but its John Wayne GaCy. (I think) hehe