Everyone please read

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Candi, Aug 23, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Also, there are many times when I read a bunch of posts, but I am in a bit of a hurry to get something else done, and I come back later to try to help.

If people don't answer right away, first be a tad patient, then bump your own post up to the top again. If that doesn't work, post again and kinda yell it out, to get someone's attention. There's a lot going on here. Nobody really ignores. Sometimes we know who the expert is and and don't post because we know that person will tell you the answer.

You absolutely cannot be thin-skinned on a board like this. For every one that is mean/critical there are a hundred that will help you. And for everyone that posts there are a hundred that only lurk.

Also, and Chele hit on this, most of us who post a lot have our email enabled on here. If you see someone who you think can help you, but they don't answer your post, click on their name to get to their email, write, and ask them if they have time to help you with something. Most of us do it.

You should also be aware that once you email someone, they get your email address.

Hope this helps.

breeze

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh yes, Candi, welcome to the board. :)

breeze

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I Confess! That's right!! I too am a Cereal Killer.

I killed the Trix Rabbit!!!!!!!!!!

Watch out Snap, Crackle, AND Pop you're next!

5. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I really like this board and most of the time a few people have responded to my questions. I'm sure you guys get sick of answering the same questions over and over for us new people. I do try to use the search. I just ment that a few posts seem to be really mean. They were not even directed at me so I guess I sholud mind my own business. bbauer- I like your posts. Nave- I really like your posts, you are so funny. Thanks for the welcome breeze, and everyone.
    Candi

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Nave - I am only going to worry about you if you confess to being a "CNOT".

Mass murderer - who cares.

Jim

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

LOL Jim "CNOT", been a while since I heard that one.

Hi from me too Candi, I hope you feel welcome here. Don't fear the lame posters, just listen to the ones who make you feel like reading them.

-Peace, Dave

8. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

A Few Suggestions

Candi:
    I sincerely hope you never feel as the above author, although if you maintain an objective frame of mind you probably wonâ??t. I doubt there is anyone on this board that wants another to totally evaporate, stop posting altogether, even those who (only) seem to continually argue. Nonetheless to help you (and ANYONE else) avoid such thoughts, consider the following suggestions? (Some would recon Iâ??m an authority on the subject, for reasons perhaps more apparent to â??longtimeâ? posters.)

1. CONSIDER THE SOURCES:
    If you sense someone is attacking you, before responding consider the author (or as much as you know of them) and board limitations. Sometimes folks just have bad days, while others find it necessary to fault others out of insecurities. Defective presuppositions, prior flames, allegiances, agendas, and limitations of written communications; also play factors in how people post. Ask yourself if responding in a particular way befits the intended recipient (and situation) before responding. If need be, ignore!

2. CLARIFY (if needed):
    If you donâ??t quite get the root intent of a message, ask the author for clarification. Donâ??t be shy, most people are balanced enough (psycho-emotionally) to understand that you may not. (If they arenâ??t, so be it, you're not going to change them.) When itâ??s clear someone misunderstands a post youâ??ve authored, and they will, straighten him or her out in terms and tonality that suit the circumstances. If another is being rude, itâ??s not difficult to put them in place while still maintaining composure. Make your intents as clear as possible.

3. USE HUMOR:
    Making a funny related to or away form heated issues is a great offensive-defense. Youâ??ll find there are masters of the tactic here, some overt and others through subtext. Yes the latter is a bit harder to distinguish, but when you do the most hilarious meanings are found. Humor not only provides you balance (objectivity), but is often disarming when received well. Be open to laughing at yourself too.

4. FORGIVE:
    Most importantly of all, pardon perceived mistakes and move on. Yes, take a course of action (whatever is deemed necessary) then let the issue rest. Truly, forgiveness affects the issuer more than recipient. Harboring ill will only propagates a conflict, not to mention ulcers!

Sooooo, for him who has ears to hear so to speakâ?¦ (No disrespect intended Ladies).

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

HOLD your horses there. I was taunted for responding too much on this board. I was labeled a know it all. My feelings were crushed on this board and then I realized one day that I didnt really have to respond over and over again to the same questions. I did that because, only a few of us were willing to help newbies by answering the same questions over and over. Sorry if you feel that the new house getters have left YOU and the other NEWBIES in the wind....But 3000 post later and getting my ass kicked on this board left me feeling like I should MIND MY OWN BUSINESS. I dont answer maybe post b/c I wont to piss others off. They said that I dont give people a chance to respond. Well know is there chance.

I dont have anyone on ignore anymore. I have matured and If you disagree with me.....that's your perrogative. Just dont talk about my credit...lol

10. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

Anthony, good advice. Roni- I'm sorry people treated you like that, I love reading your posts. I was so glad to see that in 18 months you acomplished so much and bought a home. Thats really inspiring to those who are just starting out.
    Candi

11. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Yeah me too...I want a house... :(

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I, too, would like to apologize. I am totally guilty of not posting as much the last 3 weeks. I'm a teacher and school started, for me in a new district, and I'm overwhelmed. I truly am sorry and hope everyone understands that I'm trying my darndest to get back to posting more. I can't tell you how much I miss it and I love meeting newbies so I feel really like I'm losing out.

:::::waving at Candi:::::::: Hiya!

P.S. I always feel like a bewildered newbie! Shhhhh...don't tell! LOL

13. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but if you re-read my post, you will see that I never said you or anyone else left anyone hanging. I simply said that as the newer folks move along in their credit repair they become more able to help others. This was demonstrated by you, Nana and Mom as you all were most helpful and generous with your time in posting and helping others. That was all.

I don't feel left behind. On the contrary, it's awesome to see that people actually made it out of the dungeon. It gives a ray of hope to the rest of us who are wallowing but on our way up.

14. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

for that itchy smelly feeling try:

Preparation H

LOL ha ha NanaC

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Shirley,
    Were you referring to my post...cuz if you were, don't think for a minute I was thinking anything but happy thoughts! :) If you weren't referring to it, well, then, Hi, Shirley, how ya' doing? teehee

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

she was referring to mine.

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oooooooooohhhhh.......oooooooohhhh......Thanks for the clarification, Ms. Roni....:)

18. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Oh yahh!!!! That is why I love this board over all others on credit repar. There is no other like it. Yes, some may try to imitate or compete, but in the end their attempts are futile. Assimilate yourselves with the Borg my friends before they dismantle us for good!

19. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I am not a lurker. I read a lot of the posts, but unless I have something constructive to say, I don't post. I do not have bad credit, I do not know anything about credit repair. I do know how to build credit and how to use it to profit from it.

www.creditsense.com

20. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: A Few Suggestions

Anthony,

This is a brilliant post. While I never quite anticipated agreeing with a collection agent (smile, please...) - I must say I certainly like your contributions to the board. Thanks for being mature and even-handed.

marci