Everyone Please Read..........

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Well, I applied for a Chase Mastercard online. I got the dreaded message, you will hear something within days. I wasn't sure what that meant. So, I called last Wednesday and the rep said my application was processing. I kind of took that as a positive step. I called every day. Yesterday the rep told me I should hear something within 7-10 days. I took that as a denial. So, I called again today, just to see if they would tell me if they denied or not. I started constructing a letter yesterday to plead my case via planet feedback.

Today, the rep told me I was approved for a 6K limit with 2.99 BT. Ladies and Gentleman I can't tell you what this means to me. I have all the sub-prime cards with high interest, horrible customer service, and high fees for everything. This is my first PRIME CARD!!!!

I cannot express my happiness in receiving this card! I am still in a state of shock!!! I think I am dreaming. I know many others of you have broken out of sub-prime hell. Today, 10/15/2001, I broke out of sub prime hell!!!!!

Further I would like to thank each and every one of you for your help and support. I can honestly say, when I post a problem here I get lots of feedback and help.

It goes to show, 2 years ago, all of my credit reports were full of collections, charge off's, ect. Today, Eq, and TU are perfect, Exp still needs work. If your starting out, there is hope hang in there. Your day will come. I never thought I would see the day when I obtained a Prime Credit card.

Even though I am happy now, I need help regarding the BT. I want to pay some of the sub primers off. I cannot get rid of Household bank and FCNB because they are my oldest tradelines 4 years old. I have another household, orchard, FNCC, and Providian I am going to do balance transfer and pay them off. If Providian doesn't decrease my interest rate, they will be paid off and closed. I want to take advantage of the BT offer. I don't want to use the card for new purchases just balance transfers. Does this sound like a good idea? I figure I can transfer everything and pay it off within a month or two.

Does anyone know how to upgrade to gold ect with chase? Are they stingy with credit increases? What is their customer service like?

Once again folks, I would not be in prime land today if it wasn't for all of your help and support, and for that thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

First of all......CONGRATULATIONS! Woo-Hoo!

Second, try Planetfeedback w/ Providian-don't bother w/ (anti) Retention phone calls. They will hop to it within a week of receiving your letter. Believe me here-I was totally pessimistic-but the letter reduced my interest rate by 9 points.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your scores, and do you know what they pulled?

I am so happy for you....

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Nothing more respected than CHASE!
    Thanks Terri - obviously your performance - was 'ready for a manual review". They evaluated you as PRIME!

You never need to look back now at anything less than a GREAT credit offer!

congrats - Dogman

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Terry, congratulations on your new prime Chase card. I'm so happy for you. Chase is a pretty good company with decent customer service and competitive interest rates. They are good with credit limits, but will pull your report. If you have any lates or very high balances they will deny you the credit limit. I don't know the frequency of their automatic credit increases. Just a suggestion would Household combine your two accounts into one larger account? Again, congrats and welcome to prime.

Dani

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

congrats, I am very happy for you!! way to go!

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Thanks for the congrats! I am still in awe. I know its not a big deal to a lot of people as they have many prime cards. But hey, you have to crawl before you walk.

I live in Western PA and they pulled TU. My TU report is completely clean. No negs at all. I dont' know the score but worthknowing.com scored me a 38 which they say is fair. I think the reason is because I am close to my limits on a few cards. I was truly surpised as EVERYONE seems to pull Experian as there is a local affilate office here in Pittsburgh. I have tried Citi, Discover, MBNA and others and was declined due to my Experian report.

Worthknowing preapproved me for a nextcard. They wanted a security deposit of 300 bucks. It was a joke. I also applied for a mypoints.com mc. It is underwritten by Nextcard. They approved me for a 1K limit with apr of 12.99.

I have 3 retail cards: Speigel, Bachrach, and Best Buy. I don't need additional retail cards. I will have Chase, mypoints m/c, and I have to keep Household and FCNB. Thats it the others will be paid off via BT over the next 6 months.

Chase is cool in my book, as a matter of fact, I will probably try to get a mortgage thorough them in about a year.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

congratulations!!!

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! My friend has a Chase Gold card that she has had for YEARS....she has nothing but GOOD things to say about them. Maybe one day I'll sport their card!

9. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn

10. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!..Happy for you!!

11. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, it's great to finally be able to get prime rates for the first time. Everything will be better from now on.

congrats!!!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Terry
    Worthknowing preapproved me for a nextcard. They wanted a security deposit of 300 bucks. It was a joke.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS...you win the AWARD for the first "PRE-APPROVAL" at the NOT~WORTHKNOWING site!!!

I didn't even get a "PRE-APPROVAL" when I had 100 points...

13. miles

miles Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Chase is awesome. I have had an account with them for approximately 7 months. They have been great. Customer service is top notch. I should be up for a limit increase soon. I'll keep you updated on that.

BTW, many of us here including me are or were in subprimeland. That's why we are here. Knowledge is power and you have certainly gained the power. Good luck!!

14. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Congratulations ... it is a good week on the board for many, new cars and prime cards.

Experian deleted 2 negatives and one creditor updated to never late.

New score 18 positives, 9 negatives.

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Good job Maine :)
    Eventually, there will be no negatives!
    later - dogman

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

amaineman
    A STUPID question?
    Are you in MAINE?

17. OtherTerri