EX and TU public credit scores.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I live in Sothern California. the local newspaper, Orange County Register, published an interesting article about the new EX credit scores available to the public. Yesterday, there was quite a discussion on the board about the new $79 annual service with a free 30 day trial.

Anyway, among other things, the article mentioned that we may be able to abtain our EX scores for as little as $6 but without the full report attached. This may be a nice sevice for some of us but I suspect that the $79 deal is probably going to be more popular with people on the board as we are all actively engaged in thorough credit restoration unlike the general public.

TU says they will have something similar to EQ and EX by July 1st.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'm packing this weekend for NanaC...and JIM...your picking me up at JOHN WAYNE
    (SANTA ANA) airport on SATURDAY the 16th of JUNE RIGHT????

:)

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

GEORGE,

I have some bad news for you. My taxi service only accepts AMEX Platinum for payment. No Discover or First USA cards allowed.

LOL

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HOW ABOUT A WAL*MART GIFT CARD????

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Now that is another matter! Some offers cannot be refused. LOL

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

OH...NEVER MIND I WOULD HAVE TO BUY IT WITH THE DISCOVERCARD...AND IT WOULD BE "TAINTED"...

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

All I have is a library card Jim...but can I come too?

We can discuss medicine and you can write it off :)

I just looooove Southern Cal.

-Dave

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The bill was signed by Gov. Gray Davis this past Saturday, but
    does not go into effect until July 1, 2001.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I STILL HAVE TIES TO CALIFORNIA...BUT MY PRIMARY RESIDENCE IS IN COLORADO NOW...

HOW DOES CALIFORNIA LAW HELP THE 49 OTHER STATES?

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

GEORGE,

As I remember, the CA. law was bipartisan. Don't quote me here, but I think that there were no CA legislators who voted against it. The realtors in CA were the main supportors and they have a lot of clout here.

Some type of Federal law has been proposed. How about Colorado?

I always vote. I hope you do too.

Jim

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to see So Cal - guys can I come help too? No library card, but I'll bring brownies.......

breeze

11. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Breeze,

Pardon the pun but "aside from the sun shining on our available credit scores", it has been a gloomy June weather wise. But if you like the beach come anyway.

Seriously though, I really believe that the credit score disclosure law was brought to life by the realtors here who want people to be better prepared to buy a home. The average guy in the street doesn't pay much attention to credit scores.

Bring your brownies!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

No nuts on mine...