EXCELLENT progress/Cap One planetfe

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Julie L, May 2, 2001.

1. Julie L

Julie L Member

Hi everyone. Last week, when I posted how lucky I got with Capital One, some of you wanted to know what I did to get there. So, now I have recived SEVEN increses, yes, seven, in a little over a month. I started out with a $200 gold card(since August 2000). As of tonite, thanks to Mr. Gaither Miller(I wrote letter through planetfeedback), I now have $2900!!! I cannot beleive it. I thought you'd like to know, writing one letter to PFB is good, but writing 2 is better!! I just got a HUGE increse from them on Friday, I wrote again, he called me today, I got another $1000. He also said, after I clean up my credit a little, I will get my platinum card, and another $2000. So, the planetfeedback route REALLY works. I'm still trying to get Providian to budge, I talked to their executive dept on Monday, and today, they are working on my new limit as we speak. I still think Cap One is the best for getting increases. I also got my interest lowered from 19%, to 11%(he offered!). Julie

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Great Job! Now, I feel bad about the $300.00 increase that I got. :(

3. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Julie et. al.,
    Can you give me the jist of your letters regarding Cap1...I want to use planetfeedback as well, but don't really know what to complain about.

Thanks,
    Hurricane

4. Julie L

Julie L Member

Well, I basically said that as a gold card holder, I was VERY limited in funds, I said that the average gold card is like $4500. I also said that because they don't report our limit to the reporting agencies, my score was being held down. Example, let's say my limit was $300, well, since $300 is very small, if I used the whole $300, it was showing on my reports that I was using 100% of my line. So, if I had $1000,I would only use half of that, therefore showing me using 50%. So, he called me, gave me like $1200, then gave me his personal #. I called him again today, saying that I need more money. He asked me if i needed the money for a specific purchase, or buying power. I told him, BOTH. He then said since I was requesting a large amount, he needed to pull a credit report. I told him my credit is being repaired now, so my report isn't so great (my score is 645). He said he would see what he can do, without pulling report. He put me on hold, came back, gace me $1000, then told me once my score goes up another 20 points, to call again, he will add another $2000. Like i said, my limit was $200 6 weeks ago. I got 4 increases just by calling, then the last 2 from Mr Gaither. I just wrote a positive letter to planetfeedback on Mr Miller. He is such a nice guy. Julie

5. hurricane5

Julie,
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I just sent my letter through Planetfeedback -- I'll keep everyone posted on what happens...

Thanks again!
    Hurricane

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that. It's a good thing to know that he is agreeable to getting another phone call after some time has passed without having to go through planetfeedback again. I think I'll give it three or four months and give him a call again.

7. Julie L

Julie L Member

actually, only a few days passed before he gave me another increase, I beleive it was like 5 days. Again, he is very nice, easy to talk to. You should have no problem, Julie

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Funny how I continue to fall in love with Julie's! Thanks for the information Jewels!

-Dave

9. Julie L

Julie L Member

you're very welcome Dave. I wanted to add, Mr. Miller called me this morning, and told me ANY time I need something, to give him a call. He said he had a SURPRISE for me, to help me out financially. He said to wait a few weeks. Wonder what it is? Could it be a platinum? Julie

10. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

How did you end up with a GOLD card with $200 limit? I got mine with a $1000 limit and it is just a plain old vanilla card.

11. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

My husband has a Cap-1 Gold card and his is a $200 limit too. He has had it since November, so hopefully soon he will get an increase since this is the only card we have between the two of us.

12. hurricane5

First of all, let me say "Julie - you are the GIRL!!"... I followed your lead and sent my planetfeedback letter last night! About noon today, I got an email saying to call Mr. Miller at the Customer Advocate office. Called, got put right through and now letthe celebrating begin!!!!

Background, my wife and I both have Cap 1 Gold Cards -- got mine in July of 2000, she got hers in January 2001...both with the standard $200-$300 limit.

Results---

For me:
    - $1000 increase
    - 13.9% fixed rate, down from 18.9% variable
    - Removal and credit/refund of annual fee

For her:
    - $1000 increase
    - she already has a 0% interest till Sept. he told me to call back then to get a reduction once the real rate kicks in
    - Removal and credit/refund of annual fee

Could it have been any better??....I also got the "call be back if there is anything else that I can do for you" ... he was such a nice guy that I actually offered him a job!! :) I also sent a really nice compliment back through planetfeedback for him.

So, Larissa, I would tell your hubby to do the same thing...go to www.planetfeedback.com - fill out a complaint. It was very easy, and the near immediate response that I got was unbelievable!

My only variation on Julie's comments was that I told him that I only wanted one CC, but my low limit was not even good enough for me to use to secure a rental car--don't know what difference it made, but it was my "truth" statement...

13. Julie L

Julie L Member

Congradulations!!! That's great!! Yeah, I basically told him (Mr Miller), that for a gold card holder, $200 is a slap in the face. He sure was nice though, good luck to all of you who talk to him, Julie

14. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I did planet feedback about three weeks ago and combined my cards and got a $1800 increase. Of course, I combined cards but the original combined limit was 900. It works.