Exercising your credit...?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Mar 5, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

I am new at this repairing business and would like some feed back on exercising your credit and getting increases without having to pay for it.I have had some good results with getting a few negatives off reports.I have managed to get "paid" judgement and Bk removed from reports and still have a few negatives in collections,but while I am in the "sitting back and letting time take it's run",I would like some feedback on working and exrecising my current positive tradelines: Chevron:credit builder card: opened:11/2000:$200.00 line of credit:Balance:$40.00 average monthly and pay off in full each month.Is this consider a revolving Acc't? next,FCNB:secure visa:eek:pened:11/2000:$100.00 line of credit:pay balance in full each month.FCNB: secure mastercard:eek:pened:1/2001:$150.00 line of credit:pay balance in full each month.Optima(secure):eek:pened:11/2000:$600.00 line of credit:pay balance in full each month.This card does not report,but am using this card to build responsible relationship w/Amex,for future consideration for unsecure card.But need to know how to work this card(Amex)in achieving future "card-credit card or charge card".So here it is,not much to work with,but would like to know how you would work it and/or exercise it.TIA!BTW,all three cards are reporting monthly with R1 status.Have positive R1 with Macy card,but was "closed at credit grantor request." Reason for this:was employed with them and when I switched jobs they closed acc't(employee acc't).Can I get "reason closed for" changed on reports?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Exercising your credit...?

Good luck with the amex secured. It appears they will be cancelling this product for their subprime offering soon. If they cancel the product and dont report, you've wasted your time huh?

Get a cap 1 or aria card if you've had 6 months of history. They will grow your lines quicker than what you have!

3. river

river Well-Known Member

Not worried about secure Amex card after talking to secure acc'ts manager at Amex and have shrugged it off as :eek:ne of "you know who" pranks.As far as Cap 1 and aria cards,don't want to bother with Cap1 and Providian products,after evaluating the complaints about these cards.Will make it there w/o them.Thanks for your reply.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

The point is the amex secured will get you nowhere until all your bad marks are off your report.

Anyways. Cap 1 has superb customer service, just a little stingy on line increases. Aria, well they like to rob folks on fee's. But its the only card you're gonna get that will go from $250 to $1500 in less than a year of credit. Most folks have gotten their apr reduced to 16.9% without grace. Thats not bad. I can tell you now without adding more deposit, your credit lines will not really increase much with what you have. Its up to you.

I'm going on my experience. Cap 1 and Aria both are recommended as the best credit builders available. Aria's customer support was excellent, they just wouldn't budge on my needs. Cap 1 has been superb as well.

5. river

river Well-Known Member

I have strong faith that I will get somewhere with Amex "one day",just don't know when it will be.In the meantime, I will sit back and "feed" off of their cardmembers benefits,which I have taken advantage of and will continue too. I am trying to stay away from any "hard inquiries"after having about 10 removed from credit reports because I was applying for every credit card there was and being denied.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

FCNB will be good to you. Look for an automatic increase in 4 months. OPTIMa? I cancelled mine because I am of little faith in AMEX giving me a card. There is little you can do about Macy's because It is being reported correctly. You could call macy and lie. You could tell them that you closed the account. Maybe they dont have a record and they may change the records. Then you could dispute it and they might update it to reflect what you wont. That is all I can think of. You might talk to someone at Macy's who buys your story and changes it on their internal records on the post. I wouldnt mention that it is a credit report issue though. That my raise red flags. Just say, you saw it on your report and want their records to be right. INOther words, dont ask them to change your credit report. People are lazy in general. What do you think of that plan. I am a major schemer huh? THAT has accounted for most of my credit successes actually!!!!

roni

7. river

river Well-Known Member

Will try that plan with Macy"s.I am still waiting to hear about Spiegel card.I think I will call today and check status.Thanks.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

My typos....

sorry for all my typos....geez. I never proof these things....

roni