EXP: creditor received deed? What??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by J. Vick 71, Jun 20, 2003.

1. J. Vick 71

J. Vick 71 Well-Known Member

Pulled EXP today. Bank of America, status: Creditor received deed. $x,xxx past due as of 6-2003. Recent Balance: $0 as of 06/2003. I have never seen "Creditor received deed" before. This is after the dispute this month. This may be a dumb question to some but, what does this mean?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

It's a new one on me.
    Seems like the CRAs are always coming up with new nonesense!

3. glenb

glenb Member

Re: EXP: creditor received deed? Wh

this would be where a borrower in serious default on a mortgage gives the real estate to the lender rather than go through a foreclosure proceeding; in states with anti-deficiency statutes the lender must adjust the balance to 0. whether or not this applies to the tradeline in question, that is what the expression means.

4. J. Vick 71

This is on a credit card, also on Account History: Creditor received deed as of 6-2003.

5. glenb

glenb Member

this would be where a borrower in serious default on a mortgage gives the real estate to the lender rather than go through a foreclosure proceeding; in states with anti-deficiency statutes the lender must adjust the balance to 0. whether or not this applies to the tradeline in question, that is what the expression means.

6. glenb

glenb Member

sorry for double post; the notation is obviously wrong .. perhaps write in dispute this is not real estate loan and cannot be correct...

7. J. Vick 71

bump

8. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Is the balance really -0-?

You could always nutcase B of A and ask them what deed they are reporting as received for a credit card.

Or you might try a procedural request.

Or what does anyone think about Dixie's CYA letter here? Could it be one of those $7 hr CSR plugged in the wrong two digit code :)~~

Lots of options...

9. J. Vick 71

It says Balance $0, past due $x,xxx. creditor received deed as of 06-03. In reality this account was BK(7) in 2001. "creditor received deed" on a credit card is something I have not seen before but it drains your score even though the balance is Zero. This is the result after a dispute this month. On a FICO simulator it is past due and the balance is late. $7 an hour wrong code was my first guess also or is this new?