Exp online-already investigated

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 3, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I have an item that was investigated and verified in 4-2001. Now they won't let me reinvestigate it but an item that was investigated and verfied in 7-2001 they will. So why is this? Whats funny is that the first item was only disputed one time and the second has been done several times but I still am allowed to investigate. Do you think one of these items was investigated for real and one wasn't and they just said it was. Why else could I investigate one but not the other?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

The reason is this:

The person who opened your dispute letter for the 7/2001 item didnt check, could careless, was trying to get to lunch.....and just entered your request....NO PROBLEM!

The person who opened your dispute for the 4/2001 item was a real lazy bastard and likes messing with consumers and decided to blow you off.

I would dispute again...perhaps on line and hope you get a person #1 again.

Good LUck!

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. We are talking about online disputing, not snail mail.

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

then try snail mail. Add into the letter that you want the procedural description for the investigation when it's done.

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Marie, I have done that more than a few times. All that Experian will send you is a report that has the exact info that your credit report account does. They even tell you to look on your report for the contact information they used.

I believe that is a load of crap. They should have to give a name of the person they contacted (if they did), but FCRA allows automated systems, so Experian can "automatically" throw the dispute in the trash can and lie about verifying it.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

This happened to me once..maybe it will work for others..I disputed using a different reason code WITH explanation...it seems the explanation is what made the difference.

Anyone else have that on Experian online disputes?

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Yes, that works to a point, but if you keep disputing will several different reasons that are unrelated, they cut you off, and say "already investigated".

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, I only did it with 1 redispute..they said I couldn't then when I changed the reasoning and explanation, they accepted.

9. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Nana, I think you are absolutely right. My brother was my motivating factor for credit repair. He worked on his a couple of years ago. Being the geniune sweety he is, he got great insider info to help him. One of the things was to always use a different reason when you re-dispute. Otherwise, if it's the same reason they don't even bother with it. Also, one creditor that he had lates with told him that she verifies up to 3 disputes. On the 3rd, she lets it go, because she doesn't want to be sued.

I've just redisputed some stuff, & used a different reason. This is stuff for hubby that's not valid but came back verified. I initally tried an explanation. Didn't work. Now I put 'not mine'. I'll let you know if that works.

10. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

MikeB

I totally and 100% agree with everything you say.

This would be your best action. Can you call the creditor directly and ask if the CRA has contacted them? if the answer is no, get them to send it to you in writing.

If you have proof that the creditor was never contacted, you have leverage to get the item deleted from the CRA.

Can you also keep trying to dispute via web? Maybe if they don't accept it once they might the next time. I'd keep trying from every angle. Course, I consider this now a hobby so I enjoy bugging CRAs. :)

Keep trying. Persistence will win. Good luck!