experian 646..can I qualify for any

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Creditgeek, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Creditgeek

Creditgeek Well-Known Member

My credit expert score is 646 (experian) 2 inq in last 65 months and 2 paid collection over 4 years old..can i get any prime card?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

im having difficulties getting anything with a 662 creditexpert score. Try citi if they pull that report, but pretty much denials from everyone and their mother.

3. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Sam i got the citi Aadvatage with a 673 and wife did to with a 633 so that should be cool

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I got a Citi AA with a 620 (CE).

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same score as you: 646. This was from CreditExpert a few days after I got my new $3000 AAdvantage card. I also got turned down for ANY GetSmart card about a week later, and that goes all the way to subprime.

GetSmart pulled Experian, but I'm not sure about AAdvantage.

6. Tim

Tim Member

I don't know that the CE score (supposedly Experian) really means all that much. When I applied for my mortgage recently, my CE score was 662, but the score reported to my lender was 724 (on the same day). So, your score may actually be higher than it looks.

The same is true with Trans Union's Idenitity Guard scores. Their credit analyzer says my score is around 550, but when my lender ran a report, my score was 750. Go figure.

You may be able to qualify for a lot more than you think.

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

The only true fico is equifax. But besides that, we are way better of now that just a year ago. At least we can get a score from the cra's now( accurate or not) . It helps to have the score in terms of credit building planning.