Experian-Additional relevant inform

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

My husband was requesting to re-investigate the item which has been varified before. Now he got this screen:

"Additional relevant information is anything new that has happened between you and the creditor or courts that should result in a change to the information that appears on your credit report. It could be a letter from the creditor, a cancelled check or money order, billing statement, contact name of the credit grantor, letter from the IRS, proof from court or county reporter, proof of bankruptcy file dismissal or discharge, etc., that was not presented when you previously requested investigation.

Please mail us this letter (or the information in it), along with a copy of the additional relevant information that supports your claim that information on your credit report that has previously been verified as accurate by the creditor is inaccurate. Be sure to indicate exactly what information you believe is inaccurate and why. Mail this form to:Experian PO Box 9556 Allen, TX 75013

Write any additional information here:"

Anyone got this??

Thanks
    AUX

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sure... everybody gets it once Experian claims to have verified the information in two investigations. I'd still like for Experian to show me where in the FCRA they have the ability to limit the number of investigations.... Only thing I see if that it must me conducted.

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(1) Reinvestigation required.

3. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thanks for your quick reply. He did send EX the letter from creditor one time but still doesn't work. Now he tried to re-dispute online and got that message. I guess he will have to print out that page and send by mail.

Thanks
    AUX

4. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it yet, but probably will be soon! Bummer. Does that mean we're just stuck with it and end of case?

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Experian-Additional relevant in

This country has a court system. You're not stuck w/ anything unless you choose to.

Saar

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh, I just got that a few minutes ago. I was just disputing a balance - they had corrected it about a month ago, and then they changed it back, but left the old dates on there. Doh. They're all on drugs.

Listen, here's what I did. I scanned my docs (statement in this case), printed to Winfax, then copy and paste their little message with the report number, etc. into the cover page for the fax, with a note saying "the FCRA says 'Accurate.' What you are reporting is not accurate. I don't think I should have to wait for the USPS when I am paying you $80 a year for your services. Here is my documentation. Please fix it." Then I hit "send". They got it. I'll let you know what happens, hehe.

7. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

You GO GIRL!!!

8. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Would you please give me the fax number? I am going to send it also.

Thanks

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Here's all of them:
    I used 1-877-454-1010
    If it doesn't answer, try during business hours.

fax numbers
    EFX = 1-888-345-9399; as of 9/17/01 1-888.729.0083
    TU = 714-447-6032 (CA), 610-546-4605 (PA)
    EXPERIAN = 972-390-3974, 877-454-1010

10. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I really appreciate.

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Ain't technology grand?