Experian and NA's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FU - TU, Apr 24, 2001.

1. FU - TU

FU - TU Guest

Any ideas what in the heck NA means on a Experian report. They seem to have "NA syndrome" or is it their way of saying we can't verify so we will just put NA in your report? Any suggestions or dispute tactics?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

They told me that the NA stands for Not Applicable (of course). But seriously, they told me that it stands for information that is not relevant to your credit file. As for my student loans, the NA was used to show the loans when they defaulted. In stead of a balance they placed "NA". When the loans defaulted they went to a guarantor. So instead of showing 2 balances, they just put "NA" for the first lender.

I dont agree with it, but I am just explaining what the lovely reps at Experian told me. I stopped worrying about it.

"NA" is also used for those BANks which do not want to report your credit limits like Capital One or Citibank. They sometimes put NA in the credit limit spot. I think Capital one sometimes puts your high balance for the credit limit.

roni

3. mirage5

mirage5 Member

NA or N/A means "not applicable." I read Experian's use of the term to mean that they do not have information on the account that is applicable for the category in which it appears.

HTH.
    Mirage 5

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Actually, that would be "Not Available" instead of "applicable". I have a few accounts that have "NA" for balances, payments, limits, etc. Therefore the "NA" means the creditor did not choose to report that information, so it is "not available", although the information is truly "applicable" to the context of the report.

Maybe Experian should reference a dictionary?
    MikeB

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry you are right MIkeB. They did say NOt Available. However, the information was available as for my student loans so she probably just made up a quick lie to get me off the phone.

HA! They got deleted anyway...lol

roni