Experian/CDSW is scaring me

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 2, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Okay, as I've stated, I'm on a quest to clear up my credit report. Just got in our Experians (had to get them from Credit Data Southwest--I live in Az)
    Well, they have lates that the other two reports don't have. Looks like if you have ANY lates at all, they report it as a "negative item" It just seems like my credit is so much worse on this report than the others. The very first page says:
    Potential negative items listed:
    Public record: 0 (husband's and mine)
    Accounts with creditors and others: 7 (his) 6 (mine--he has a duplicate account)
    Accounts in good standing: 7 (his) 10 (mine)
    WHEN are they gonna release scores? I thought I was okay to get a house in the next couple months but I don't know now.
    Thought? Car company told me 01/00 my score was about 575--Qspace(?) said in 02/01 it was a little over 600 but since then I've paid two open "bad" accounts and reduced my cc debt to less than 50%-not yet reflected on my reports. Thoughts? ANY idea how much those things will positively effect my score?
    am

2. JOHNNY

JOHNNY Guest

Re: Experian/CDSW is scaring m

THey will help a lot, but when getting a mortgage they look heavily on installment type loans like auto loans. They look at cc dept too, but more so on installment type loans so pay those off first if you can. If you can't then paying down would help. Also put at least 20% down and you should be good. They really love 20% down plus you would have no mortgage insurance to pay by doing that. Wait until your credit report is updated before you apply for a mortgage. Keeps receipts of EVERYTHING as they will want to see it when the package goes to the underwriter. Also, having some cash on hand even if you still have debt is ok. THey want you to have some cash on hand too when the deal is done. They don't want you to be busted with a mortgage payment to boot.

John

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: Experian/CDSW is scaring m

Ok.....thanks! That down payment makes that big a deal, huh? I have a friend who has a 675 and her husband a 617--they're getting an FHA house, no money down and so far it's flying through--but then again, it's selling at least 10k below appraised value.I bet that has something to do with it.
    All my car payments are perfect, incuding current one--I have 2-30 day lates on a personal loan from 95/96. So, I hope that doesn't hinder me too much more!
    What do you mean by paying down the installment loans? Getting ahead in payments? Or lower balance in general? I have only one installment open 01/00 (car)
    thanks again
    am