Experian - Citibank Credit Lim

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Top, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Top

Top Guest

Hello

I have read all the post about Experian not report Citibank Credit limit. I recently sent out the dispute letter about Credit Limit report by Experian. I attached herewith my lastest statement of citibank with my credit line highlighted and the letter from citibank stated that I have credit line increase to $7000.00.

I got an update report from Experian yesterday. They didn't update anything, Still N/A on my credit limit.

What should I do next? Both of TU and Exquifax updated my credit limit already.

2. Top

Top Guest

RE: Experian - Citibank Credit

Hello,

I just called Citibank they said they stop report credit limit to all 3 CRAs year ago. How could it be? On my TU report I can see my credit limit $7000.00.

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

RE: Experian - Citibank Credit

What should I do next?

How about file a complaint with the FTC, write your elected officials, write reporters, and sue them. These things will help all consumers avoid this problem and will make you feel like a responsible citizen.

In the mean time keep sending the CRAs statements with your credit limit highlighted.

The information on credit reports is required to be accurate and COMPLETE. Why this isn't enforced is beyond me.

A quote from an FTC opinion letter:
    "Section 623(a) of the FCRA delineates the responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies. It requires that furnishers report accurate (Section 623(a)(1)), complete and updated information (Section 623(a)(2))."

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra/boynton.htm