Experian cleaned!!! No negs.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

First off, I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July! That is except VJ. Sorry for the dark humor but sometimes little girls are best put on ignore. Anyway...

OK. Thank you board!!!

Bravo to Junum. They did a wonderful job for me on Experian. They removed:

One (1) fireclosure
    Four (4) BK related discharged credit card accounts.
    One lost card.

I left Junum as a client in May and went after the 2 remaining negative accounts myself. I sent a certified letter to EX demanding to know the name, address and telephone number of the person(s) verifying the remaining 2 negatives.. On Tuesday, I received an updated EX report. All negatives are gone.

I have 2 negatives remaining on TU and have written them the same letter. We will see what happens. EQ will require more work to remove the 3 negatives there as I have found EQ to be tougher to deal with.

For me, this is a relief as in S. CA where I live EX is pulled 90% + of the time. TU and EQ get very little action here.

Again, thank you board!!! You guys have been very informative and supportive.

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Go Jim...I'm happy for you!

Funny, I've found Experian harder to work with and EQ easier (with the exception of inquiries, where they are bulls). BUT, that's fine because in the 2 1/2 years I've been in NC, EQ has been pulled ONCE. EQ is the primary one pulled.

Let me know how easy (or not) TU is for you!

Again congrats!

3. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Jim....

Congratulations! You are where I am trying to get to.

How old were the BK discharged accts and was the BK still listed when they were deleted?

I have a BK listed on my report that was discharged in 1997. There are still about 10 accts listed as "incl in BK" and I'd like to get these off.

Did you have to delete the BK BEFORE deleting these accts?

Tom

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congrats Jim!

Great job!

Cyprigirl:)

5. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Jim,
    Would you share with us how you went about removing the BK's? Did you remove the listing under the "Public Records" section first, then the other listings "included in bankruptcy", etc...? I would really appreciate if you could outline your steps. I'm helping a friend clean up his reports--he had a BK in '96, and I didn't think it was possible to remove the BK's. Thanks in advance for your help!

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Jim,

Great job! Keep up the good work on your EQand TU reports.

I don't know how your BK accounts were handled, but I have had 4 accounts included in BK removed on my Experian report recently. The BK court record has not yet been disputed.

What I would like to know is how old is your foreclosure? That is the one I would like to get off mine.

7. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

dlo....

How did you get the BK accounts off and how old were they?

Tom

8. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Tom,

Our BK was discharged last November. That would make the accounts about 8 months old. We are using Bradley Ross through the After Bankruptcy Foundation. I could not talk my husband into using Lexington or Junum. Only after we attended the Stephen Snyder seminar was he persuaded to hire anyone to clean up our credit. Their site is a little "unique." They have done a good job so far for us. The last time I posted who I used a lot of members posted they could not access their site (you are not missing anything on the site as it is very limited), their site is not like Junum's. If you need their contact info, please post and I will get it to you. So far their customer service has been excellent. Out of 8 disputes with Experian, I received 7 deletions, 1 update, and 3 remains in my first round with Experian using their services.

Deb

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Now that I have time, I want to take the opportunity to answer each of the 5 of you writers here who responded to the thread:

Shantel, tmitchell, Cyprigirl, penguin and dlo64.

Before I do this, I want to make clear that I would still be in credit hell except for the board. Many people helped me here. So many that I could not recognize them all here but:

Kristi for Junum
    Dogman and Marci for Planet Feedback
    LKH for aggressively taking on the CRA's and Junum etc.
    Shantel for chat
    Roni for the DMV
    DaveLV for Lexington
    Nave for Certain Business correspondence
    Leo for Creditexpert
    Lizard for his published letters
    etc.,etc.,etc.

Jim

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Shantel,

I will let you know what happens with TU.

If I read your post correctly, you are having trouble with Equifax inquiries. I had 3. I now have 2. In a short while, I will have 1. I intend to post about how I got the inquiries off just as soon as I verify that I am down to the 1 inquiry.

BTW, the 2 inquiries I am having removed are less than 6 months old. The one (1) inquiry that will be left is 14 months old and from a cell phone company. It is not worth the effort to try and remove it.

11. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

tmitchell,

All 6 BK discharged credit card accounts were from late 1998. Junum got 3 of 4 "Junum deleted" accounts deleted 26 months after I filed for my Chap 7 BK. My Bk was discharged in Feb. 1999. Measured from the date of discharge, the 3 accounts were deleted 23 months later. The 4th Junum account was deleted 4 months later.

In my case, the public record of the BK never got recorded into the Experian credit report. Only the 6 Bk related accounts made it. However, don't let that slow you down because on Equifax, the BK made it into the public record and Junum disputed the same 6 discharged accounts and 3 came right off at the same time as the first 3 accounts on Experian.

I went 3 rounds with Junum from October to May.

As a side note, the recent problems with Junum have been of concern to me because last year in Oct. - Nov. 2000; they were having problems. I hope they get over their growing pains and start performing again.

Experian gave me no reason why they deleted the other 2 discharged accounts. I guess they just couldn't answer my questions so they just deleted the records. - Just a guess.

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl,

Thanks to you and the board.

13. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Jim, congrats on the deletions. Thanks for the acknowledgment, but I had nothing to do with your success. If you wouldn't mind, I have email enabled here, would you send me a copy of the letter you used with Experian. As you know, I am getting ready to send them a letter regarding a reinsertion, but I may try the same route with experian regarding the negatives they "claim" to have verified. I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks and congrats again.

14. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

penquin,

I think my post to tmitchell answered most of your BK questions.

However, I want to mention that I need to attempt to get rid of the public record of my BK on Equifax. I watch every thread by LKH, DaveLV, Kelly, Shyguy etc. regarding the other credit restoration companies such as Lexington and Bradley Ross that they are using. The reason is that I may yet hire one of them to work on Equifax.

On a side issue - there is some evidence that the best time of the year to dispute is in the fall right before the holidays. The CRA reps take vacations and party too. LOL

15. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Jim,
    Thanks for responding and congrats on your success! Since Junum got those deletions for you, you probably don't know the "wording" they used in their disputes, right? I wonder if they disputed those accounts as "not mine", even for BK's? Does anyone know?

Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. I, for one, learn a lot from everyone's experiences!

16. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

dlo64,

Thanks for your update on Bradley Ross. Once again, I am learning something new. Shyguy had some good success with them also as I recall.

My foreclosure was from 1998. It came right off in the 1st round of Junum disputing (Jan 2001).
    This item made it into 2 of the 3 CRA's and came off with no trouble for 2 reasons:

1. Junum was dealing with a "mortgage servicing company" not a bank like say Bank of America. The original lender sold the loan in the secondary market. Mortgage servicing company(s) don't have the same ambition to fight a dispute as will a Bof A or AMEX for example.

2. California is a non-deficiency state. Therefore, I turned over the property to the mortgage servicing company. They resold it and no-one had the right to file suit against me for a deficiency if the new selling price is less that the note I owed. In a few states of the nation, foreclosure gives the lender the right to sue someone like me for any deficiency due to the sale. The vast majority of states protect the owner not the lender - just like California.

dlo64 - You would do us all a favor if you would keep us abreast of how Bradley Ross continues to perform.

Jim

17. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

penguin,

In an answer to your question, I never saw any Junum correspondence. Therefore, I have no idea what was in the dispute letters they sent on my behalf.

However, do a search on "Mirage". He stated that the post office returned a letter or some letters to him, mailed from Junum on his behalf.

I believe he said that in his case they just used a checklist approach. Whatever, Junum did on my behalf it worked. However, I don't know where you are at with your credit restoration. Right now I am not currently with them and if you want current information you might be well served to start a thread about Junum. I am sure Nave and others will answer.

Best regards - Jim

18. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Jim,

Did you see my post to you earlier in this thread? You usually respond fairly quickly so I thought maybe you missed it.

19. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Jim,

Thank you so much for the info. My thoughts were that the older the foreclosure is, the easier it would be to get it deleted. So I guess timing really doesn't matter, a foreclosure can come off at any time.

You are lucky to live in a state that protects the owner not the lender. Here in Illinois you are still held liable for any deficiency in a foreclosure. Therefore, you are forced to file bankruptcy in order to protect yourself from futher collections on a mortgage.

Of course, I would be happy to let you and the board know of my experience with Bradley Ross.

Just to let you know I received my first round of disputes regarding TU a couple of weeks ago. It appears evident that TU did not bother to do any verification whatsoever. Bradley Ross disputed 6 items. I received two deletions and the rest just carried over the "updated" date from the old report to the "verified" date on the new report. Also, one of the accounts was disputed on both EX and TU, TU deleted it and EX verified it. It took EX the whole 30 days to verify and TU only 2 weeks.

I emailed and received a response from both one of the paralegals and the attorney within Bradley Ross when I questioned the process of TU. The attorney advised me not to do anything harsh with TU at this time because we do not want to verify the recent BK. As much as I would like to ring TU's neck, I am paying a firm to handle this procedure for me, so I will wait. They told me they will redispute it in the future and as lazy as TU was this time, they probably will end up deleting.

I am still waiting to receive my EQ update. I did not receive a "receipt of disputes" letter from EQ like I did with EX and TU. I will wait until the middle of July. If I don't get anything from EQ, I will contact BR.

I hope this helps. I will keep you updated.

20. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

LKH,

I will post it tomorrow. I have a copy at home. I got to my office at the crack of dawn because I have some events to attend with my daughter later today.

The letter is short and sweet and I wrote it in long hand. It is not that impressive but remember how we all laughed at DaveLV's "suffer the consequences" letter?

When I saw that ridiculous Lexington letter, I smirked and laughed so hard that I almost fired Junum. Then it occurred to me. Hey wait a minute, I just got a foreclosure off 2 CRA reports. If Junum wrote a simple letter like that, the $7 an hour CRA employee would be sure that a moron writing that letter couldn't possibly be a homeowner. LOL

Push button - DELETE

Seriously though - Your strategy threatening legal action appears much more appropriate because the CRA deleted and then reinserted items. If that isn't evil - what is????

Best wishes - Jim

P.S. - You have been of great help to me and others here. You underestimate your value on the board.