Experian cleaned!!! No negs.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

dlo64,

Sounds like good advice from Bradley Ross.

BTW - I have never heard of anyone getting a "receipt of disputes" from Equifax.

Do keep us posted. Shyguy hasn't been around the board much lately. So to my knowledge, you are the only BR client posting.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Way 2 go Jim!! I know how much Experian cleaned means to you. What a weight to have lifted...Happy Independence Day! HooooooRaaaaaayyyyy!!

-Dave

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Nave!

Your next!!!

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Thank you for the acknowledgment Jim!

Congrats again!

I want to be just like you,, :)

I know how hard it is to get anything off Experian reports, to have it cleaned up , is quite an acheivment.

Good luck to you!

Cyprigirl:)

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

dlo64,

I just got a chance to review this thread in more depth. Believe it or not my answers here were very hurried because I was busy at work. Anyway...

In February, there was a lot of discussion about the Stephen Snyder seminar(s) on the board. I got invited to one here in California and was too embarassed to attend for fear of meeting someone I knew etc.

Is Bradley Ross recomended as a credit restoration firm by the "After Bankruptcy Foundation"??

Was anything said about Junum or Lexington?

For your info: The Snyder seminars are considered to be an incredibly valuable resource. If they are recommending or at least "approving" of Bradley Ross, please tell me.

I know enough about the Snyders to know that their recommendation or approval has high significance.

Thanks - Jim

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Jim, here's some information I hope is helpful:

Despite the lawyerly name, Bradley Ross Lenee Joseph & Allen is not a law firm, although they do have a contract lawyer -- James Dawson, JD -- who provides legal supervision as need to a staff of paralegals who essentially act as customer representatives and account facilitators. (In this respect, they are almost exactly like Lexington.) Instead, Bradley Ross is a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit After Bankrupcty Foundation. Internet domain names for the After Bankruptcy Foundation (afterbankruptcy.com) and Bradley Ross (bradleyross.org) are registered to Stephen Snyder. As you mentioned, Snyder is the famous seminar organizer and author of the book "Credit After Bankruptcy" which is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and elsewhere. Bradley Ross charges $60 per month for their service. Here are a couple of URLs that may fill in some gaps:

http://www.bradleyross.org/faq.htm
    http://www.afterbankruptcy.com/order.htm

Hope this is useful.

Doc

7. PsychDoc

TYPO alert: "as needed" rather than "as need"... :)

Doc

8. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Great For You...!!!!

Happy Dance for you Jim...... ;-)

MartysGirl

9. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I did attend the Snyder seminar in May. Although some of what was said I kind of already knew, I feel for someone that is "illiterate" in what to do after a BK to help themselves, the seminar is a valuable resource. I still took notes while I was there.

Yes, Bradley Ross is the recommended credit repair source mentioned by the Snyders and the AB Foundation. While I was there they also recommended FCNB and Orchard for secured credit cards. They are totally sold on Ford Motor Credit and GSF Mortgage Company. These are all sources that the Snyders have personally used in their endeavors in credit repair. Steven Snyder believed in only using companies that they personally have used and felt comfortable endorsing. The Snyders live in Indianapolis. Bradley Ross is just outside Indianapolis. I live in Illinois and am familiar with GSF Mortgage. The Snyders have used GSF and I think that GSF might be a Midwest based mortgage company, but I am not sure.

Before I went to the seminar I was only familiar with Junum and Lexington. I could not convince my husband that there was proof that these companies would really work. Then we attended the seminar and my husband was sold on Bradley Ross. I had not heard of BR before the seminar and was not expecting a referral to any credit repair company. Anytime I have had a question, BR has been great and quick at answering.

I met one guy at the seminar who had just signed up with Lexington the night before the seminar. Other than that, there was no mention of either Junum or Lexington. I was leaning toward Lexington before the seminar.

The only thing from the seminar and reading the book is that Stephen is not high on credit unions. I believe that is because some CU's do not report loan activity to the CRA's. I have done my own research with area CU's and only deal with those that report loan activity to the CRA's. Perhaps they will eventually change their mind on that one.

I was hoping that Shyguy would post about his experiences with BR. I don't think he has posted anything since the middle of May.

I hope that helps you somewhat in your questions. I will keep you posted in my updates.

BTW thanks for the heads up on Equifax dispute "receipt" letters. I was beginning to think they may have not received the disputes filed. BR did confirm for me that they sent disputes to EQ on 5/31.

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: PsychDoc,

Since you postd here, let us both just put our differences aside and intelligently discuss credit issues as you and I have done on this thread.

Best regards - Jim

11. PsychDoc

Sure, Jim, I hope that info was useful. Btw, I don't think we have any personal differences! (Oh I think we yelled at each other across the digital divide here about a mutual acquaintance we disagreed about once or twice, but that's about it, LOL. Oh yeah, and I used the word feces -- bleacchh!)

Anyway, keep us posted regarding your experiences with BR if you decide to use 'em!

Doc

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

PsychDoc,

Yes, the info was very useful. Thank you.

Now on another subject. There is a person on the board who has multiple identities. Each identity has a somewhat unique personality. In the old days here, it used to be amusing to see this person chatting with her/himself from the same computer when the ISP number was showing that all the identities were all at the same computer. This person is still here. I don't care if she/he stays or not. But she /he does attack. Take a look at the "feedback" section of straight talk. Look at my post to PBM from last Saturday.

I will look forward to chatting here with you about credit. BTW. You are not the person I am talking about.

13. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: LKH

My handwritten note:

T0: Experian
    xxxxxxxxx
    Allen, TX

I am enclosing a copy of the letter I received from you dated xx/xx/xxxx responding to my dispute of 2 items on my credit report. Experian has stated that these 2 items have been verifed with xxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx xxxx.

Please forward to me the respective name, address, telephone number and date of contact for each firm that you contacted to verify these items in question. I will consider it courteous if your response is returned to me within 15 working days of your receiving this letter.

Sincerley,

Jim

Attachment: Experian Credit report #xxxxxxxxxx

14. PsychDoc

Needless to say I knew that already, LOL. I may be neurotic, but I'm not psychotic. (Most of the time.)

Doc

15. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Jim,

I may not be LKH nor as experienced as he. You are being way too nice with Experian :) LOL I probably would be ranting and raving all over the place on that letter. The CRA's make me crazy. Your letter is professional and to the point so maybe EX will be cooperative??? Maybe because you are being nice they will just delete for you.

I only hope I can be as calm and collected as you are in your letter if I ever write them myself.

I think your letter is a good one and I hope you get what you are asking in a timely manner (15 days per FCRA).

Good luck!
    dlo64

16. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

dlo64,

Thanks again for your posts. EX already deleted the 2 BK discharged credt card acounts. LKH wanted to know what I wrote to EX to get them deleted.

Just so that you know - LKH and I are friends even though we have never met. He has a different matter to confront with EX but since he asked what I wrote; I answered.

As odd as this may sound, there are occasions when appearing too intelligent may hurt your chances of deletion of a negative account.

Best wishes - Jim