Experian credit scores available

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jonesing, Jun 6, 2001.

1. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

http://www.creditexpert.com

Lots of people have been waiting for this....the Credit Manager site is now live:

"Credit Report and Credit Score Tools
    Get unlimited access to your Credit Report, Credit Score and Score Factors. See how well you're managing your credit by tracking your Credit Score. Learn what your Credit Score and report mean to lenders. Compare your credit to the rest of the U.S. population.

Credit Usage Analyzers and Personalized Calculators
    Our analyzers and calculators will show your credit usage patterns in a variety of ways. Perform "what if" scenarios to see how quickly you can pay off your debt by increasing your monthly payments. All Credit Usage Analyzers and four Personalized Calculators will automatically pre-fill with your personal credit history.

Instant Monitoring
    See the latest postings to your Credit Report. Receive instant email notification of any new delinquent accounts, major derogatory items reported, new inquiries or new public records. Take control of your credit!

Plus, with the Credit Manager, you can customize settings to view your personal home page and track your Credit Score and credit activity the way that makes sense for you. "

They are giving you a free 30-day membership to this service...but yikes! It's $79/yr after that!!!

"You may cancel any time during the FREE 30 day trial period. To continue membership, do nothing-the annual $79 fee will be charged to your credit card. Membership renews automatically, billable at the current rate. Cancel anytime to get a pro-rated refund."

Okay, who's going to be the first brave soul to try this out and report the results? LOL

Oh yeah, I wonder what Pandora's Box these questions from the application will open for Joe Consumer:

"MARKETING OPTIONS

Would you like to receive notices from Experian's credit management services about other products available to help you manage your personal finances?

Would you like to receive periodic e-mails from our partners on special values for goods and services tailored to your needs and interests? "

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I signed up. It's actually an incredibly well done site with all sorts of calculators and stuff. Also a limited "what-if" score calculator where you can see what effect changes to your tradelines would have on your score.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hey DaveLV did it put an inquiry on your report? (can you tell by checking it after you signed up, is it that updated?) Will it put an inquiry on your report each time you access it?

I was gonna sign up until I read this(from their faq):

DO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
    We are cautious and selective in our choice of affiliated and non-affiliated third party companies that we do business with. When identifying methods of improving our products and services or if we think a product may be of interest to you, we may arrange to extend offers of goods or services to you through these companies, or share certain information about you with affiliates and non-affiliated third parties so that such entities may make offers to you directly. Examples of the types of third parties are:

-Financial service providers, such as mortgage and auto lenders, credit card issuers, and insurance providers.

-Non financial companies such as retailers, catalogue merchants, direct marketers, and publishers.

In addition, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above to companies that perform services on our behalf such as credit card processors, data management firms or call center providers, or to other financial service providers (as described above) with which we have joint marketing agreements. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.

THAT SUX!

-Dave

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Did it anyway ... score 701 - low side of medium risk.
    (thats my best report too)

BTW to answer my own questions:

You do see the inquiries immediately...and they are soft.

I see my recent Everbank inquiry...I hope they give platinum cards for 701 and only check Experian :)

-Dave

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Interesting because Cap1 is my only card and they report balance but not limit I get the biggest negative from my $350 balance on my 0 limit card...If I use the simulator and pay my $350 balance to 0 my score shoots to 800+ Wish I had known that before I applied to Everbank...I would have paid the $350 to get the boost - oh well.

-Dave

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORES AVAILABL

Thanks for letting us know, jonesing.

The simulator shows HUGE score differences when placing 5 additional inquiries on top of the first 5.

Saar

7. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

QUESTION

When you are on the credit manager page where your score shows...how do you view your credit report?

It sends me to the main page and says credit manager people log in here....I log in and it takes me back to the score page???

ANY IDEAS? WHat am I missing?

8. judyputy

nevermind...i got it

9. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

judy,

can you tell me? I can't find it anywhere...what am I not doing?

10. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Probably a silly question. I went to the website to retreive my score and report. Do I have to join Credit Expert to get my score or is there a one time fee (like Equifax)? I don't want to pull my credit report unless the score shows. Thanks.

Dani

11. judyputy

Shantel,

I kept reading where it said members click to the right and log in, and it kept taking me back to the score page.

What you have to do is click on the first image area(on the left side) for Get your report, just like you were going to pay for one. Do this after you have logged in.

So it's...LOG IN
    Click credit report on the top of the screen.
    Click on order your report (left side)
    Then it will say hold on while we get your report.

I kept loggin in and going around in circles!
    I am glad I joined, because I looked at my report and they also had the variation of my SSN that Equifax came up with. MY FATHER'S. She said Sears put it on their in 1999. Funny, my father dies in 1996, so why Sears would add something in 1999 is beyond me. SO they removed it.

I have realized that the online report is really weird. I talked to them and somehow it seems that my mortgage with GECapital just dropped off in the last 2 months? Also Discover Financial Services appeared a 2 accounts, both closed, with $1,000 credit and $0 blances. Funny, I DON'T HAVE A DISCOVER CARD. NEVER HAD ONE WITH $1000 BALANCE EITHER.

12. judyputy

YES, You have to join in order to see your score. You have to give a CC number, but they won't charge until 30 days is up. SO I plan to cancel at about day 20 or so to make sure they understand NOT to charge me the $79.95.

13. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

My question is: How far back do you have to go on the application with your list of residences? I don't want to add a connection to my dead-beat ex-husband if I can avoid it, and I left just 4 years ago. I have succeeded in building my own line of credit.

Anyone know the consequences if I fudge a little on that?

14. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure they need the last 5 years any more...it's the old "it's always been done that way" argument. When I applied for my last 2 accounts, I only put my current address and lied about being there more than 3 years. Nobody blinked about it...I don't know that the CRAs keep strict tract of residence dates.

In fact, I just had a battle with Experian/CBA about my brand new and prior addresses--they now only list my addys for the last 4 years.

15. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip jonesing. Their site seems to be very well put together and actually helpful.

Thanks to you too judyputy. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off trying to actually find my credit report!! :-D

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Unlimited access to your report and score for $79.95. Not too bad. Just received my first Experian Score of 778. Also received my rejection letter for Capital One Platinum that I applied for. Yes, they pulled Experian. Not worthy of their Platinum, but preapproved for a 200-1000 card for $6 a month annual fee totaling $72 a year. Interest rate is 19.8%.

17. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I got my score....632. Not good but not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm shocked actually. I thought I'd be in the 500s.

18. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Are these experian scores actually fico scores or second party credit scores. Does it say anywhere? For the people who got their scores, do they seem a little higher than you would have initally thought?

Got to tell you, my first thought are this sounds very much like the second generation/second party prediction/correlation vaporware thats been promised to be coming down the pike for a while.
    I'm probably wrong, but it sure walks,smells and quacks like a duck.

VJ

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Identical report that you would get at the EXPERIAN website.

20. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Doug,
    My concern is not w/the report but with the generation of the score.
    VJ