Experian credit scores available

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jonesing, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Re: EXPERIAN CREDIT SCORES AVAILABL

Just called Experian Credit Score

Equifax 744 last checked with $2736 of total debt.
    Experian 778 with $1960 of total debt

Both reports have same accounts, oldest 1985, no lates, no negatives, no bankruptcy, etc.

In my opinion definetly worth the investment with unlimited access.

2. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

How do you get to the site for the credit manager?

I went to Experian site, and it says nothing of it other than it'll be available soon.

A link would be appreciated, I'm missing it somewhere, and just blew 8 bucks on a report thinking that link would take me there.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

5. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Great, thanks, got it. Nice site. With looking at a large dollar purchase later this summer (auto) may be worth while to just keep it and pay the 80 bucks, especially with junum still doing work for me.

660 score,

beats my 632 on equifax

Thanks

dan

6. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

VJ,

This is THE valid score from Experian...just like the beacon from Equifax and the whatever from tranunion.

It's the score you would get from a lender when your Experian was pulled. It's not an e-loan type score.

7. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

Blahhh...592...WTF???

Now I know why I was denied by Dell for financing a laptop. That score sucks EGGSSS.

My EQ score was 652. Damn I feel like shite!!!!

WTFNVegas

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Mine was Equifax 650, eLoan 633, Experian 575.

Now, I have a billing dispute going on for an item charged on my best account -- my Providian gold visa I've had for three years with a $7800 limit. I know it's not factored into my score because the Experian credit manager software is ignoring it. I think I'll have a slightly better score on from both places when they finally finish the dispute and report the account as such.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

How do you refresh your score on the web site?

As of today, Experian shows that my balances decreased by more than $6K, yet the score reamins unchanged. By the debt figures I noticed that the report has been updated since yesterday, but the score has not yet been refreshed.

Saar

10. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Where does it say that it is the Fair, Isaac score?

11. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Judy, thanks for the reply, but somehow, I still have my doubts

VJ

12. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I don't think it is FICO. When I clicked on the hot link under my "Experian Credit Score" I got the following:

Experian Credit Score
    The Experian Credit Score is a generic bureau-based score, developed by Experian, widely used by lenders in multiple industries.

So, I guess it's as bogus as the eloan creditXpert score. Oh well.

Pat

13. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

The Score analysis says:

Your Credit Score is the leading industry indicator of your credit standing among credit grantors. Below is a breakdown of your Experian Credit Score and how it compares to the U.S. average. The risk categories shown below are based on U.S. credit score distribution and do not necessarily reflect how lenders make their credit decisions. Please be aware that there are many different types of credit scores used in the financial services industry. The type of score used, and its associated risk levels, may vary from lender to lender

Also, my score is a 657 which they say puts me in the 36 percentile, which kind of ties to my Privista (Equifax) score of 39. I'm still a little bummed that it's not the FICO score
    Pat

14. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Saar, I just logged in to CreditExpert and my new capone balance posted so my score was updated automatically. I did not have to "refresh" anything.

-Dave

15. Saar

Saar Banned

Yes, this time when I logged in, mine was updated as well.

It probably auto-updates once a day. Thanks.

Saar

16. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Folks....

I contacted Credit Expert and asked them if their score was the actual Experian FICO. It is not. It IS based on your Experian report but it IS NOT the actual FICO. I felt deceived.

Tom

17. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Ha, ha. What did you expect? They are a credit reporting agency, after all.

Why would they not release the Experian/Fair, Isaac model?

18. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

I didn't ask and they didn't say. You're right, maybe I was expecting too much. However, they advertise it as your Experian Credit Score and it's my position that it's a reasonable assumption on the consumer's part that it is the FICO based on this advertisement.

I'm sure Credit Expert knows this as well and should educate the consumer before he/she spends their money on the service.