Experian (Cyprigirl:Read!) Advice?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 19, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, you all, hubby has a letter dated 6/18/01 from a CA. It states in summary the account number and "We have received authorization from our client to retract/delete our collection entry from the above mentioned customer's credit profile. It goes on with details.

So, today, Experian says they "verified" this entry which is obviously an impossibility confimring once again what Cyrpigirl has stated and what we all knew/suspected.

So, how would you proceed? Thanks!

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I've just about had it with all the cra's. Why don't you call exp. and tell them about the letter and give them the name and phone # of the person that sent you the letter. If they give you a hastle, send a copy of the letter to them with a note that unless they delete the entry, you will be filing a lawsuit.
    I am at the point where I may just go the Lizard King way with all 3.

3. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

drop me a line at my email Nana.

calanova2000@yahoo.com.

Cypri:)

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Really!! This is an outrage!

breeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I've written, Cyprigirl.

LKH, Breeze: It is infuriating. This is on my hubby's CRA and, I have to be honest, I'm not sure he'd call in person..he might, I'm just not sure...it's one of those things where he signs the letters and I take care of it, does that make sense at all? So, keeping that in mind..how would you move ahead? Thanks a million!

I just printed out their details of this negative item and it states "This item was verified on 7-2001 and remained unchanged." Gotcha, Experian! If they had really verified, it would have been removed. Interestingly, it is off TU and EQ. (Was weeks ago!)

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Then don't call. Send a copy of the letter certified r/r along with a note stating remove it or suffer the consequences.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LKH..yeah, that's what I'll do...It irks me that he (we) have to wait to get something fixed that should have been done, you know?

UGH

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Fax it for faster handling, then mail C-RR.

Don't forget the envelope it came in, and a copy of their letter too. and include the phrase "or suffer the consequences!!" LOL.

EXPERIAN FAX = 972-390-3974, 877-454-1010

What a scam!

breeze

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Great thought, Breeze..Should I fax to both numbers???

You know what, I can't say "or suffer the consequences" without raising my pointing finger (had to clarify which finger) in the air above my head and nodding my right forehead towards the computer...there's something about that statement that just requires an emphasis gesture..you know..

ROFL...I said POINTING finger! LOL

10. Cyprigirl

I replied Nana.

11. Cyprigirl

You are wasting your time sending a fax to EX.

I fax my items three times and nothing was done.

Cypri:)

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hell, fax to both numbers, they might not do anything with the fax, but I would probably do it anyway, if it was me.

breeze

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl:
    I wrote back..can you verify I did the right thing?

Breeze: That's what I think, too! Thanks!

14. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

NanaC..

I would call and ask about who they verified with THE date, they "CLAIM" they verified with, and with whom. Ask to get that in writing.

Then.. I would write back, C.RR, include the letter you have from AMEX along with a copy of what they sent to prove Their So Called "Verification." I would demand deletion Or Else!!

That way you have it all in writing if they don't delete... then you can sue and win ;-) !!!

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hubby likely won't call...but I like the sue and win part! LOL You know, he's happy with all we've (I've?) accomplished on these corrections but he has his 3 CC's and we have the house..so he's pretty content right now..

Me, on the other hand..I have been bitten by the credit bug..and I want sparkling clean reports and a prime card..LOL Dream on, Nana, Dream On. Remember, I want that card with the Colorado Avalanche Logo...yeah, baby! Couldn't care less about the terms..I want the dang logo.

About this issue, though, I have already written the letter and made the copies..it's going out today..gonna fax, too..

Oh, and just a note..it's not AMEX..It's a CA

Thanks for your thoughts.

16. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Sorry NanaC

I have no idea how I got AMEX...lol...!!!

MartysGirl

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LOL...No problemo, mi amiga! Like the Spanish I'm picking up?

18. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Let me add to this..

Yesterday, an inquiry was "validated" by Experian. Today, I got ahold of the company. I now have in my posession a letter which states that this company has never had ANY dealings with me or my hubby and no inquiry was authorized.

That's 2, Experian....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr