Experian deletes another (long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrie, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

Well, I have only one more to be deleted and it was verified today. The 3 hosital bills are still there but I am certain that I can get them off as soon as the original insurance pays.

The last that I have and was just verified says this........
    HEIGHTS FINANCE CORP

Account Number:

Paid/Past due 30 days.

Status Details:
    This account is scheduled to continue on record until 9-2003.
    This item was verified on 6-2001 and remained unchanged.

Date Opened:
    04/1995
    Type:
    Installment

Reported Since:
    04/1995
    Terms:
    13 Months

Date of Status:
    09/1996
    Monthly Payment:
    $0

Last Reported:
    09/1996
    Responsibility:
    Joint with xxxxxxx

Credit Limit/Original Amount:
    $849

High Balance:
    NA

Recent Balance:
    NA

Recent Payment:
    NA

Account History:
    30 days as of 9-1996, 3-1996, 2-1996, 12-1995

So what do I do now?? How can I get this off my record or get it to reflect as paid as agreed??

BTW they first changed my Heilig Myers from a neg to a possitive and now they have removed it completely. It never was late and was paid off early. I needed the possitive but am I better off just to let well enough alone??

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I think you are better off to leave well enough alone on that last one.

On the first one, you may have to create a dispute with the creditor/ca first and then go for the credit bureau while the fight is on.

You will probably have to wait a while in order get them to reverify it however.

3. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

>On the first one, you may have to create a dispute >with the creditor/ca first and then go for the credit >bureau while the fight is on.

I don't understand exactly what you are saying. Do I need to write a dispute letter to the creditor?? I'm still new at this but am learning here with all the good advise!!

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, yes. You have to get pretty inventive sometimes, sometimes they almost fall off your record. Just depends on the particular situation.

Normally, you can get rid of maybe 20 to 40% (rule of thumb. best guestimate average sort of yardstick) without even needing much experience or even any. Look for errors in your credit report, companies you know went out of business and can't verify, bad addresses because companies moved or junk like that, items so close to the 7 year statute of limitations that they aren't worth the credit bureau even argueing about it, stuff like that.

You can go over and check out my website. You can pick up some tips and ideas there, Check out messages for a while back on this forum. You can actually learn a lot pretty quickly.