Experian Dispute Update :)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Jan 16, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I just received my updated report after my dispute. This dispute only took two weeks. In addition to a lot of inaccurate personal information I had 3 items removed. All 3 were student loans. And get this, 2 of the 3 were placed under the positive section and now these positive loans which were opened in 1993 are scheduled to stay on my reports until 12/2007. I am so happy. That makes 16 items removed (that't a combo from all three reports) in less than 6 months and I still have two disputes out and seven negatives to go (2 on Exp.+ 3 on Equi.+ 2 on Trans). I hope this inspires everyone to be persistant. You can do it!

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: you go!

I just mailed off my first set of "do it yourself" correction letters to TU and Experian. It's so easy to do, took like 15 minutes to write, print, stuff envelope, and attach certified/delvy conf stickers.

Its good news experian is willing to work with us!

3. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member

RE: Experian Dispute Update :

molly wrote:
    -------------------------------

And get this, 2 of the 3 were placed under the positive section and now these positive loans which were opened in 1993 are scheduled to stay on my reports until 12/2007. I am so happy.

That's great! And it may be even better than you think, since positive items can stay on your report indefinately (the 7 year rule only applies to negative items). I still have positive items listed on my report from 1990.

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Molly,

I'm glad to hear of your success, especially since I just received my Experian report yesterday and it is definitely the worst report I have by far (12 negative items--although I DID have _24_ negatives at the beginning of 1999). I will continue being persistent...

Cheers,
    Cindy

5. Marla

Marla Guest

Congrats on your success, Molly. Not to fear, though. I disputed my own Experian report on 12/23/00, and by 1/7/01 Experian wrote back and deleted EVERY negative item that I disputed. They have been the easiest bureau to deal with by far!

Keep up the good work!

6. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

Positive info stays only for 10 years.

-Alwilda Smith

7. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Yeah, it will be 10 years because they listed the account as opened 1993 and closed 1997 so that would make 10 years 2007. Thanks for clarifying

8. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

Positive items do NOT stay on indefinately. Positive items stay on (a) while the line of credit is active, then (b) for ten years after the line is closed. They are then removed.

Pizzaman wrote:
    -------------------------------That's great! And it may be even better than you think, since positive items can stay on your report indefinately (the 7 year rule only applies to negative items). I still have positive items listed on my report from 1990.