Experian Dispute???????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bjoe, Feb 7, 2001.

1. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

2 weeks ago I sent in my first round of disputes to all 3 CRA's due to the inspiration of this board. I received all 3 green cards back and A letter from TU stating they are investigating(a judgment with no court name or dockit #).

I got a letter from Experian stating they will investigate. Old student loan collections they have as unpaid that are paid). They sent a separate letter dated the same day as the first with a Q and A format about the 7 year rule, student loan government collections, etc. to 'assist me'.

Has anyone seen this before? Does this mean that they verified or are refusing to try to verify? Should I wait 2 more weeks and send back that since ths=ey obviously didn't verify, they must delete or face suit according to the FCRA?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Joe,

My inclination would be to wait. Let a month pass and see if Experian sends any investigation results back.

Since they did send a letter stating that they were looking into the matter, my guess is that you'll be hearing from them. As to whether or not they really go to the trouble of investigating...well...that's another issue.

I've never had to deal with student loans on my credit report so I can't help out there. But, in addition to the letter stating that they are going to investigate, Experian often sends a second letter, under separate cover, advising me of my rights. I don't know but I suspect that's what you may have received.

Anyway, let a few weeks pass and then see what happens. Good luck and keep us posted.

Donna