Experian Disputes & Fico Read!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jun 30, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

During the time in which you dispute your experian, like equifax your score will raise to reflect only the items not in dispute.

My score went from 578 to 627 just because i disputed.

As we all know, this is advantageous as some credit card companies only check the fico score for approval.

chew on that..

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

That is not true Sam.

I thought the same thing before, but after my disputes came back, after 3 items deleted and 1 late removed out of 5 disputes, my score raised 2 points.
    As for EX, it never budged when I started my disputes, but when the items were deleted the score did go up.

Maybe some inquiries fell off your report, or did your accounts aged?

Cyprigirl:)

3. Saar

Saar Banned

But it is, and Sam is correct. Don't confuse it w/ a totally different issue.

I believe Steven Z was the first to bring up the idea that, there is little or no score difference between a report showing 1 collection account and a report showing 10 of them. We've had numerous verifications for that statement.

The fact your score went up 2 pts after 3 removals further supports Steven Z's argument, but does not refute Sam's.

Saar

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

My point is, you can in fact cheat some fico-based approval systems that use experian and trans-union by disputing all the items, temporarily raising your fico into very good ranges, and applying for credit.

I'll test this with trans union as well.. Im 100% positive what i'm saying is true, as i've pulled a bunch of reports on transunion and equifax (for free) to test this theory.

How to use this anomaly, of course is up to you and your creativity.

5. Cyprigirl

I beg to differ. I am not confusing anything. I am telling you what has happened to me and what I have heard from others on the board confirming the same thing I even called EQScore Power and they told me the same thing. Maybe there was a glitch for you, Sam.

But Experian score does not budge when you dispute and my Equifax did not budge when I placed new disputes. There had to be others factors going to get that boost, besides the CRAS always advises people to not apply for new credit when you are disputing and I am sure that a lender would review your report and realize you are disputing and may hold off their decision on your app until the dispute process is over.

If that has happened for you great, but I am telling you from has happened to me and what I was told. So there you go.

Saar, I think you misunderstood my post about my score going up 2 points. That was after a dispute process where four items were changed and then my score only moved up that much. The fact I was disputing the items had no effect on my score. I think the fact that my score went up proves my point, because if your theory is correct, then they would have already given me those points and the removal of the diputed items would validate the score and there would be no need for more points since they were already given to me at the beginning of the dispute process. (according to Sam's theory)

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Actually a couple of pts increase doesn't mean a thing. The mere aging of your credit file by 30 days could have caused it, and is probably a better way to explain it, than a removal of a few blemishes.

Remember, if you've read my previous message, then you know having a single charge off/ collection vs. having several of them, makes very little difference scorewise. Again, this has nothing to do w/ score changes during disputes.

Sam's case wasn't a glitch, this concept has been verified many times.

Saar

7. Cyprigirl

So then what is your point, Saar?

I got those two points mostly because a late payment was removed.

I still don't understand what you are saying, what is it then that Sam was disputing a BK, Lien or judgment, inquiries.

I am speaking from experience and what EQ told me. If different is happening for others that is great.

Sam: when you had that boost, were there other factors or things that changed on your file.

Believe me, I thought the same way until I realized that was not the case.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

no i figured this one out a while ago when equifax first started online disputes.. and scoring.

I disputed Every negative (6) and strange, my score went from 565 to 601..

2 months earlier at 565, declined! for target..

After disputing all derogs with 601, approved..

coincidence? I think not..

I believe this might be the reason i was approved for citibank AAdvantage 6 months ago, i was in the full dispute mode on equifax when citibank pulled my report. How else would it explain my 565 equifax getting me a $4000 citibank card (thanks citi!)..

Experian! Talk about a jump.. 578 to 621!! In a couple of days, you can't deny 578 is a decline score for just about everything...

Damn millcbs went down.. i would look up an apply for an easy to get card with experian, and i bet i'd get it :)

Someone with high balances on a card, could dispute their positive tradeline to alter the balance to limit ratio effectively.. Artificially raising their credit score because a "balance" is no longer accounted into the beacon/fico scoring model.

Thanks to free online disputing, i think folks can move themselves into higher scoring ranges temporarily, and by carefully manipulating your reports, balance to ratio's as well.

Try it if you don't believe me, go to creditexpert. get your score, then dispute all negatives, and come back in 1 week or so and check your score again.

seeing my 578 turn to 621 in two weeks, with the same items on my experian reports is solid proof. Theres no other explanation..

9. Saar

Saar Banned

None of the facts shared can logically lead to such "realization".

Saar

10. Cyprigirl

Sam

I am going to have to agree to disagree with you. That's it for me.

Good Luck!

11. Cyprigirl

Saar:
    I am speaking from has happen to me and if you can not handle that "realization" that is just too bad isn't it.

Cyprigirl