Experian Disputes online??????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Jun 24, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Do you have to purchase your Experian report at www.Creditexpert to make disputes online? Or is there a place you can go to like Trans Union and Equifax has that allows you to dispute online even if you received you report by mail??

Thanks

2. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

You can go to www.experian.com and get your report for free if you've ben turned down within 60 days. You can also purchase it. You can also dispute it from www.experian.com.

Tom

3. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Thanks tmitchell but where exactly on experian? I see the place where you can check on the status of your dispute but I can't find where you begin it online. Thanks.

4. tmitchell

Hey...

Explaining this is the hard part. Once you have your online report, you should click on "Potentially Negative Items" in the blue box near the top.

Once you do this, you'll see a summary of all of your bad stuff. What you want to do from here is click on one of the items listed.

After you do this, up in the blue box near the top, you'll have an option to dispute. Take it from there.

Keep in mind, it appears that you can only dispute during business hours. I have done this personally. I just went there tonight and the option to dispute is gone.

Give it a shot tomorrow morning and let me know how it goes!

Tom

5. MartysGirl

No.. that's not what I am asking, maybe I didn't word the question right. I have several reports that have been snail mailed to me from Experian. Where or what function on their site will allow me to dispute from my mailed report?

6. tmitchell

Oh! I'm sorry! After 9pm my brain cells begin shutting down for the night. As far as I know, you cannot dispute hard copy Experian reports online.

Tom

7. MartysGirl

Thanks Tom ....

8. fingrrrl

I got my online report from experian for free due to a denial from a credit card company, but I looked at it days ago. Is there someplace I can go to relog into my account and see my report again? And by the day, can you dispute inquiries online as well? Thanks in advance!

9. tmitchell

Not that I know of BUT on several occasions I was able to simply re-enter my info and get right back to my report (even, on some occasions, several times in one day).

Try it and let me know how you make out.

Tom

10. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Ok, Experian is open now during business hours and I donot see this link everyone keeps talking about that you can dispute an item on your report.

Could someone please tell where this button is?

Cyprigirl :)

11. fingrrrl

You're right Cyprigirl; I'm there on my report right now and I don't see it...it must only be for the privileged people :)

12. tmitchell

I'm there now and I have the option to dispute.

13. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member