Experian Does not Verify!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I have had a Discover CC for a year, next month. Over the last three months, it has been reporting as closed!!!

Even though the account is still open.

I use the account for balance transfers every few months.

I disputed it online w/ Exp.

Today it came back verified as CLOSED!!!!

What should i do?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL 1-800-DISCOVER

They can have it fixed...

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

As long as CRAs don't have to give you written proof of a verified dispute, this crap will continue to occur, but what do rich politicians care?

Would it be that hard to require a faxed or emailed dispute verification from the creditor instead of this B.S. automated system that they rely on?

I should run for office........

4. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

IF it is any consolation...I disputed two items that were closed by me-one was listed as open, another was listed as closed by creditor-even though I had letters for both of them confirming I closed.

Well both came back as closed by credit grantor. Anyhow, I disputed again, now they are both open.

There clearly is no verificaation going on.

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Reshod, I have the same thing happening. Discover is reporting me as closed although the account is still open. I called Discover about and the woman did not believe me. She said my account was open and Discover has no reason to report me as closed. At least it says closed by consumer. I wonder what the CRA thinks when my balance one month is $500 and the next month $1000 (kinda hard to do that on a closed account).

Dani

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I had a BK 7 last year. I have a QVC card that is open and in good standing (it survived my BK because of a zero balance). It is reporting as included in a Chapt. 11 BK. When I went through my secured loan process, the bank was perplexed. They say it appears as a good account, it amazes them that it is being reported Chap. 11, especially since I don't and never owned a business. LOL