Experian experience

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jk, Jun 7, 2001.

1. jk

jk New Member

You might find this interesting. I had been disputing info with Experian with 50/50 success until they re-dated and then "verified" an old account of mine from 1995 to 2000. For four months I disputed and they "verified". I then went to the BBB about this matter, I was applying for a mortgage, etc and didn't want their mistake on my report.

Now I am referred to "Consumer Affairs", they won't even talk to me about my report at the regular telephone number, and I have a new PO Box to write to in Allen, Tx.

Does this mean anything to anyone? I don't understand this, but hey, maybe they're more efficient in "Consumer Affairs." Thoughts? Thanks

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

The PO box I send everything to for Experian is the Allen Tx PO box. I think you are confusing getting an answer from Experian as a result to your questions rather than just getting the run-around from them.

-Dave

3. jk

jk New Member

No, I have a different PO box number than before and ATTN Consumer Affairs, also on the phone, transferred to different department, "Consumer Affairs".

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

OIC different PO box # but your old one was the Allen TX PO box also. hmmmm thats interesting...can you post the address? Have you tried coorespondence at the new PO#? Maybe it's a line to better communication with Ex!

-Dave

BTW just noticed you could shorten the title of this thread to Experiance :))