Experian Fax Disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 17, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I called yesterday again and asked if I could send a letter via fax and the rep asked if I had a mortgage pending I said not but I have a student loan pending and without the loan I will not be able to register for school next week. SHe said ok and gave me the number. I faxed it today. She said the letter has to have the accont # on it but it doesn't. The account # on Experian report is my ss#..... and the account of the letter is just my social security # referenced at the top of the page.

Should I contact the lender again to get another letter or just see what happens? It doesn't specifically say account # then my social securtiy #.

Has anyone had any luck with faxes?

Have you noticed how defensive and protective they are with that fax number?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

What fax # did you use?

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes, they are protective of it, so when you get one, post it here, please. :)

So far the ones we have are all working. You get a new one???

breeze

4. molly

molly Well-Known Member

The number is 877-454-1010. You also have to put the persons name and their "team name". I am not posting that because my disput hasn't been considered yet and will take 24-72 hours for them to take care of and since I just faxed it today I will wait.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Okay, that's the same one I have. Cool. You can send stuff without a name and team number or whatever. I have done it. Maybe it takes longer my way, LOL, I dunno.

I don't really have any negs on EXP but I have disputed balances, limits, etc to force-update when I needed it.

Be careful disputing positive tradelines, though, they will delete in a heartbeat. Fortunately for me, I wanted the line deleted anyway.

breeze