Experian has wrong birthdate!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mist, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

OK, Experian now has the wrong birthdate on my profile. Hmmm. Whacky. I like being younger, though. Maybe I'll let them keep it that way...

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

lol - hubby's b-date is off by a year. you'd think they'd be able to keep at least that straight. geez

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing when I pulled a online report from
    experian.When I pulled another online report and instead of being off by one year ,it was changed to only being off by one day.

Remember one thing.When you verify your acct with them online they ask for your birthday before they will release it.
    I put in my correct birthday each time and got access to my reports. If I put in the dates listed on the reports , I think it would have been rejected.Might be a spoofing thing to foil
    improper access to your acct.

VJ

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hey, this is your chance! Say it isn't yours, LOL. Say they have you mixed up with someone else. ROFLOL

breeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

They did the same for my daughter. It wasn't gonna help her so we corrected it but she liked their birthday better..it was 1/1 ..one year older..

:) I would like one. that is around the year, um, 1981..yup..that works..

6. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Well, here's the beef on my birthdates. Experian says June 11, 1982 (wrong, 1984). Equifax says June 11, 1911 (WRONG! NO WAY IN HELL I'M 90!). TransUnion says June 11, 1982. I kinda like this, hehe. A 17 year old can freely apply for credit on his own because all of his credit reports say he's over 18. But, I'm being a good boy, and keeping the 3 cards I got and sending in a photo of my driver's license to fix the problem. Could you imagine in 10 years what the credit union would say when they pulled Equifax? 100 year old looking for a house, HAHA!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BOTH MINE AND WIFE'S WERE WRONG...ONLY OFF ONE YEAR.