Experian here we go again

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I had such a time getting my citi limits reported but finally did. I recently however combined cards and limits and got an increase on my platinum, well of course they have not updated these limits which I didn't think they would, so I just typed my letter and will attach my statements, let's hope they get it right the first time. Does this ever end???

Mom

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Geez mom, you've been through the ringer with this Citi limit reporting issue. I hope there is some end in sight for you. This is becoming a full time job. ;-)
    Btw, have they updated your balance and payment info since you combined the accounts? Maybe once they update your payment history, the new limit will show up? Maybe it takes a cycle or two?? Just hoping for the best. :)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Miles, no the certainly updated the balance, just missed the limits. The silver is now close with zero balance, but hopefully it will only take one letter this time. of course I added hubby as AU and it shows old limit as well, so I had to type 2 letters, but I did realize once the limit is in the system they keep it there b/c they showed the old limit right away on hubby's report, so that is one good thing I suppose.

By the way Amex is reporting already, pretty fast:)

Mom

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I wouldnot worry too much mom. Citibank is good about reporting and experian updates the fastest I think.

roni

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am not Roni, citibank did update the reports, silver is closed they updated my balance with gold, just neglected to update the limit. But my letters will be sent today and hopefully it will update soon, before we apply for mortgage would be even better.

Mom

6. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

No Luck for me!

About citibank and Experian, I did send out the statement and dispute lette to experian. Got reply, Everything is the same. I called Experian, He said he can't put credit limit on my report unless Citibank report. I called Citibank, she said citibank stop report credit limit year ago. Then I told her how come on TU and Equifax shows CL from Citibank then.

Well! Don't know who I can trust.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: No Luck for me! aux

Don't give up. I had to send my statements TWICE and the second time I sent statements I know they didn't contact citibank, they took the word of my statements b/c it updated within days. I only had to send one letter about my husband's limits. Experian and Citi told me the same thing, don't buy it. My letter explained to them about complete and accurate reporting and the scoring factor and since they had my statement with limit clearly highlighted they updated it and it has remainied every since. Just having trouble with new limit which I knew citibank wouldn't update.

I would try again if I were you.

Mom

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CREDIT LIMIT...

SOME BANKS DON'T GET IT...COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INCLUDES CREDIT LIMIT.