Experian insanity

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, May 21, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

First Topic -

In March, Junum did my round 3 disputes. TU nd EQ results came back quick. The respective 2 and 3 negative items were re-verified as I expected.

The Experian results never came back. However, I am a patient type of guy and waited. On April 26, I checked my FICO score via E-loan and noticed that something was up as E-loan gave me a 695 score and mentioned that I had "2 Negatives" on the report. There should have been 3 negatives.

During late April and the month of May, I tried repeatedly to get an online copy of my report sent to me. The system would never accept my request.

On April 16th I called Experian and the rep said that they had never received the 3rd round of disputes. I ended the conversation by stating that I would resubmit them in writing. I refuse to get suckered into a dispute conversation with an EX rep after a negative experience last fall.

Today, I received an EX report via Credentials dated April 17. The report took 3 weeks to get to me. Unbelievable!!

Sure enough; one of my 3 BK discharged credit card accounts is flagged as "DISPUTED". No wonder E-loan said 2 NEGATIVES not 3. Anything is possible here but I think Junum disputed in March and EX started the dispute process. Why it isn't finished (maybe forgotten?) I don't know. Several very different possibilities come to mind here. I don't want to speculate any further at this time.

Second Topic -

Now for the really amazing part. On round 2 of the disputes, Junum got a previously verified BK discharged ($21,000) credit card account deleted. The credit union that owned the account is being reorganized and changing name. So I thought I got lucky.

Get this: the account is now back as a positive tradeline. Yes 99 months of never being late and never a dollar short. Also, an additional $20,000 line of credit I had with the credit union shows as open and available for use. I never had any problems with the line of credit account but it should have been "closed by grantor" when the BK happened.

Third Topic -

I used to belong to Fedco which went bankrupt in 1999. My account now shows under a new company name as an open and current tradeline. As a matter of fact, it was just updated in April to show my excellent payment history back to 1984.

Conclusions: - Experian is incompetent and I suspect that they lie as when the rep told me that EX hadn't received any disputes. E-loan is accurate and pulled EX. I have 4 beautiful open tradelines on my report that I should not have. The 4th account is a Discover card I closed years ago but has shown as open all along.

I need to have a talk with Junum about what they disputed. Maybe I can shed more light on the disputed item on the report.

Incredible!!!

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

First, congrats on the deletion!

Second, your story brought to mind my husband's situation. We have a collection that we have reported to the Illinois Dept. of Regulation which I've talked about previously. Do you know that this has shown status "DISPUTED" for 4 months now!! 4 months! When do they get a clue and delete it? The collection agency is being prosecuted by the state of Illinois for this! Ridiculous, isn't it?

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Nana,

On another topic, I am glad to see you stayed on the board. And 22 deletions!!! Fantastic. I got 13 via Junum and thought that was great.

I should say 13 deletions and 1 "DISPUTED". LOL

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jim! It was the kind words of so many great people! Thanks for that!

13...royhoo! That's wonderful!!!!!