Experian is a Fraud

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Jan 11, 2001.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Most of you know that already, but FYI here's another entry in the Annals of Comical Ineptitude:

I had disputed a couple of falsely redated collection items from 6/97 and 7/97, now allegedly charged off in 3/00. On Monday, I spent several hours on this board and then checked my mail. Experian had finally responded, claiming to have verified these defamatory items of disinformation from Gulf State Credit of Duluth, Georgia. Along with the response, Experian included a new credit report.

Whether Experian actually contacted Gulf State Credit, I can only speculate. But there WAS a change in the new report. These pompous guardians of confidential information had managed to change my date of birth.

There are several logical possibilities here, but here the two most likely:

(1) There is a random process of mutation affecting the "information" retained by Experian. Sooner or later, any piece of data can be corrupted by their antiquated equipment or their reckless, illiterate
    employees.

(2) More likely, Experian is so servile, so obsequious, so beholden to its least scrupulous subscribers, that it will swallow any contradiction they happen to report. Could Experian really think that it has never had my correct date of birth; that it was never correctly reported by Citibank and others? Is a casual conversation with Gulf State Credit sufficient to change any and every fact in my report?

Experian is a fraudulent and corrupt organization. They can't even maintain the most basic vital statistics. How can they pretend to offer an accurate credit history of me or anyone else?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

CC a copy of your birth cert or drivers license to them.

They have 3 ssn's and 15 addresses on my report. It has to do with the old way they handled and cross linked reports. They collect any typos they can get unlike the other bureaus.

3. river

river Well-Known Member

wITH eXPERIAN i HAD 7 DIFFERENT NAMES and 12 different addresses. I disputed 4 of the names and 10 of the addresses andthe 4 and 10 were removed.That left me with present and previous addy and full name,name with no middle initial,and name with middle initial.They even had my lover's name as my spouse and where they got his name from,I will never know. Needless,to say, I even disputed that,but was still stunn that hey had his last name correctly spelt,that's rare-Siemienkiewicz-yes,I got his permission.Just to say,they do have the least accurate report out there.

4. river

river Well-Known Member

By the way,we got akick out of the spouse name.I don't think that woud have worked ,leaving it onreport would have help us qualify for a FHA or a VA loan to purchase a home. We have tried both and since we were not husband and wife or blood related they will not touch you,had to go the "conventional" way,higher interest and had to do joint survivorship on the side.

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Sorry, got to do it. Experians incompetance work in my favor. It is my perfect report due to them overlooking some neg. info. On the other hand, my husbands report with them is the opposite. I have legitimately disputed items several times for him and have become very frustrated. I believe they just fill in the blanks with whatever they feel like putting there. I don't think they actually verify anything with the creditor, If it is in their files, its good as verified.

6. shulamite

shulamite Guest

I agree. Experian really messed up my report with obvious incompetence re a paid charge-off. There's NO way Experian verified this as I have verified spoken and written communication from the creditor on the correct information.

Experian is simply the most lazy and reckless of all the CRAs. I just haven't decided if I'm going to deal with this legally myself or let Lexington take it off later on.

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with everyone. Experian is in need of some serious help. They have managed to screw up my address also by 1 number???? The report was fine in Oct.???? Frustrating! They also have my ex down as a 'spouse'.......I don't think so! Totally stupid!

8. mt

mt Guest

I think they are all terrible, but I think Experian's report is the easiest to read.

9. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Yeah. One the CB's has my birhdate as 1908. It should be 1968. This change ocurred after a dispute.