Experian- It's the little things

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by VJ, Jul 24, 2001.

1. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Experian has a tendency to just add a consumer statement to your report,like 'Closed at consumer request" and you see it and thing it means just that.It doesn't"t mean much of anything if it is listed like that under consumer statement.The other give-a-way is there are no closing terms or status like,
    "Closed/Never Late" or"Paid/Never Late.

George had it right all this time!!!!!!!!!!

Let me explain.If you have a statement added it is added in small letters.If experian adds something to the consumer statement on their own,that actually has importance and significance, IT IS ALWAYS IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
    SO,does this mean scoring software cant even read small cap consumer statements in small letters? I believe the answer is
    using small letters make it invisible.CAPITAL LETTERS ARE ANOTHER STORY>GEORGE JUST WANTS FICO TO BE ABLE TO SEE HIS STATEMENTS ALL THIS TIME...LOL

VJ

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oooooooooh, now I get it!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WANTED F.I.C.O. TO GET LOST...BUT THEY DIDN'T LISTEN...SO I HAD TO TALK LOUDER!!!!!!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You may be on to something...

I have some "Account closed at consumer's request"...(CRA)...

BUT...

Some are "ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CONSUMERS REQUEST"...(THESE ARE MOST LIKELY MINE)...

5. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

explain, george,
    how can you request that something is added in all capital letters?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS THE WAY I TYPED IT ON-LINE OR BY SNAIL-MAIL...

7. Saar

Saar Banned

VJ,

You're right on the money, but my impression was the other way around. What the creditor (Cap 1) reported ("closed at consumer's request") appeared in small letters. But when *I* disputed a closed tradeline that reports as open, a statement was added in CAPS. (Of course I've never made any statement, they were just too lazy to investigate the dispute).

Hence, it seems it's the caps that are ignored and the small letters that count. Especially since the all-caps statement did not affect the tradeline "status" field, which still showed "open/NL".

Saar

8. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Saar,
    I could have gotten it wrong but that's what some one who works at experian told me and they haven't been wrong yet.

VJ

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

This business about all caps has a familiar ring to it.

Goes back to the "Strawman" argument I've been discussing in another thread.

US Postal Service demands that names and addresses all be in caps when bulk mailing. Or at least they used to. Not any more since they upgraded their systems, but they asked all the bulk mailers to send everything out in all caps back years ago. So everybody still does it today.

The strawman argument is a patriot argument that says that JOE BLOW isn't Joe Blow. So it's a fictitious person created by the Government and is proveable by the fact that government issues birth certificates with all caps in the name field and can thereby use all taxes to be paid in on the future earnings of all the "strawpeople" to the World bank or somebody. Government Conspiracy, dontcha know.?

Anyway, the credit bureaus may still be using that all caps system too.

I don't know, but it's a thought. The Postoffice started something we probably aren't ever going to get rid of.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

US Postal Service demands that names and addresses all be in caps when bulk mailing. Or at least
    they used to. Not any more since they upgraded their systems, but they asked all the bulk mailers
    to send everything out in all caps back years ago. So everybody still does it today.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE OPTICAL SCANNERS CAN READ CAPITAL LETTERS EASIER...

11. Saar

Saar Banned

Try starting an online dispute. If the statement is all CAPS, it will let you ask them to remove it (as one of the options shown on the pull-down menu). If it's written in lower-case, it won't offer this particular option.

Saar