Experian Junum Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Ok, I got my updated Experian report today. It looks like they disputed 3 accounts. 1 out of 3 was deleted.

What was disputed:
    A 5 year old repo
    A 5 year old Discover Charge-off
    A 5 year old Paid Collection from College Tuition

Results:
    Repo= Verified
    Discover=Deleted
    Collection=Verified.

Still waiting on the other two, but at least my Experian Report is down to 12 pages instead of 14!

So, What is left for Junum to dispute on Experian?
    Here's the rundown:

5 Collections (4 Paid)
    1 Student Loan that a claim had been filed with the Government, This is paid.
    JC Penney, Has lots of lates, but closed at my request.
    Discover's Collection Agency, SOL to sue is up.
    Repo, deficiency not paid.
    Sears, Settled for less than full balance
    Limited Card, 1 30 day late.

Believe it or not, that only amounts to 11 negative items on my Experian. I guess I listed things twice. I have 6 positive accounts on my Experian.

I will Keep everyone posted!

:)

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

1 of 4 aint bad. Especially since they are on 2 week cycles now...Keep on chugging! Congrats on the Discover deletion.

-Dave

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hey, Girl, I'm sorry I missed this..how are you feeling about this? I figure progress is progress and the rest may be superb!!

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I'm not feeling very good about this at all. Only because I got my TU results back today and both disputes were verified! This is only 1 deletion out of 5 disputes. That is only 20% success rate.

If Junum was a doctor and only had a 20% success rate, would you continue to see that doctor? I don't think so.

Maybe Equifax will turn out better. I guess for what I'm paying, I am getting somewhere. I think I'll still stick it out for 3 full rounds. Then see where I am.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Erica..that sounds like a plan..you have invested this far so you can see it through....You hang in there and let me know how it goes o.k.? My thoughts are with you!

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Got Equifax in the mail today, I guess its been a busy week for my mail carrier! lol

Anyways, the same 3 items were disputed, and once again only Discover was deleted.

SO, here's the full update:

Disputed items:
    Discover Charge-off
    Auto Reposession
    Paid Collection

Results:
    Discover deleted on Experian and Equifax. Verified on TU.
    Repo verified on all 3 (Experian refused to reinvestigate)
    Paid Collection verified on all 3.

Hopefully round 2 will have better results.

:)

7. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Erica,

I'm in a similar situation with Junum. I've had them since March 11, and all I've had is 2 deletions on my TU report. One of those deletions was re-inserted last week.

At this point I'm going to give them a three more months. I have nothing to lose except for another $45 and thats not much at all.

Have a good one.

Manny

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I wonder whether Junum (and Lex) work better on older debts than newer ones....My report has all negative information occurring around 1995-1996 (some have dates reporting activity incorrectly as recent as 99 but as I said incorrect, the debts are 5-6 years old). I have only results from round 1 so far and only from Ex and TU but I got 7 out of 8 disputes removed. The one verified was that $100
    tax lien so I expect tax liens may get verified more than most "private debt".

I'm not saying it will not work for more recent debt, but the more recent debt has a better chance of being verified, having the paperwork, not lost in the shuffle of 5-6 years.

Maybe the Junum and Lex users can post what deletions they have gotten and the approximate age of the debt so we can get a representative sample.

Just a thought.

-Dave

9. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

All of my negative accounts happened during or before 1997. Is that too recent to be considered old? hehe is that an oxymoron or what?

Thanks for your guys's support.

(Sorry for the grammar, still napping and not completely awake yet.)

10. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Erica after those deletions what was your credit score ?..I mean how many points did it move up with those deletions ? I am thinking about signing up for Junum and I am curious how much your credit score moves up with each deletion. Thank you maam

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You know what's funny, I just found out my Discover was deleted, too. I'm wondering if they just went through a cycle and old info was stored ore something because it seems they are being removed all of a sudden.