Experian/Junum Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, May 10, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I received two letters today from Experian, same report numbers. One said, "We are responding to your request.....We are contacting the source of the information". The other (same number and date) said, "We have already investigated...and the credit grantor verified this information.

I sent this letter to Experian on April 25, 2001:

[Experian
    NCAC
    P.O. Box 9595
    Allen, TX 75013

April 25, 2001

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is in response to my report number xxx. A dispute was made challenging the validity of the three accounts listed below.

XXX ELECTRIC
    Account number: xxx

XXX FINANCIAL SVCS

XXX FINANCIAL SVCS

All three of these accounts were verified as being valid. I then filed another dispute at which point I received the above report stating that the accounts were previously investigated and will not be reinvestigated. As I have never had a 10 month installment loan with XXX, and since the information with the accounts from XXX Financial is incorrect and/or missing, I am of the belief that these accounts were in fact not correctly verified or not verified at all. The XXX account listed above was in fact deleted from TU and Equifax after their investigation found the account was incorrect. I do not believe that the creditor verified the information to Experian, but failed to verify the information to TU and Equifax.

Persuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I am requesting that a hard delete be done for these accounts that are being reported incorrectly.
    Otherwise, I am hereby requesting the verification information for my records. This shall contain the information on how the account was verified, the name and address of the business contacted, and the telephone number.
    I am prepared to file a small claims lawsuit if the aforementioned accounts continue to be reported incorrectly. I expect a response within 30 days.]

Apparently the threat of filing a lawsuit was useless.
    Will calling Experian (800-583-4080) do any good, or should I just mail validation letters to the creditors? It pisses me off. I send in this letter asking for verification information, and the *******s send me a form report letter telling me to look at my credit report for the sources....GRRRRRRR.
    Thanks for the help.

2. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Why don't you file the lawsuit?

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Your bluff is called...

Looks like Experian called your bluff on the lawsuit. Since you threatened, why don't you just go ahead and file suit?

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: Your bluff is called...

Well, I think the smartest thing to do is to go ahead and send validation letters to the creditors and go from there. I don't really have enough proof to do anything yet.

5. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Re: Your bluff is called...

file against them. they'll probably call you to settle before you even get to court. most likely.

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I called Experian, and they claim one of the accounts is being reinvestigated. It is a utility bill that I never received after I moved. They are calling it a 10 month installment loan that was charged off. Wrong.

Anyway, she claims they are sending me the verification information so that I can ask the creditors for validation. I was successful in deleting 3 wrong addresses, my ex's name, and an incorrect name for me.

7. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Experian will not do anything for you. I have been fighting them for months over a duplicated credit card and I have sent letter after letter and called on the phone and screamed at them.

You threatened, so you might as well file suit now.

I am waiting for one more thing from the creditor and then I am filing suit against them AND the stupid credit card people.

Hope you have better luck than I did.