Experian on the ropes!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jul 9, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Hi everyone....

I called CBA today (EXPs local affiliate here in Philly area) and asked about the alleged verification of my student loans. I asked them how they verified if they didn't talk with anyone about the accounts.

After I got put on hold for about 10 minutes and she came back and said they verified in writing with Nicole so-and-so but couldn't find her number. I persisted and another 10 minutes later, had the number in hand.

I called the number and asked for Nicole. She wasn't in but her partner was and she looked at the account. Guess what? No notes that she ever spoke with anyone regarding the accounts! Irritated, this woman asked who told me that Nicole verified the accounts and I said CBA.

She is calling me back and faxing me confirmation that nobody ever contacted them about the accounts.

This IS fun! Looks like Experian/CBA has just been caught fibbing. I've sent them my intent-to-sue letter, giving them 5 days to permanently delete the accounts in question or face suit for defamation and FCRA violations of section 611.

Just thought this might interest some of you.

Tom

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how they would have known the person's name if they didn't verify.

3. tmitchell

I'm assuming that the bureaus and the creditors have relationships and contacts that they deal with on a somewhat regular basis.

Tom

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I'm also disputing with Experian. I am convinced they never investigated/verified with Chase Gold Visa. They sent me update and account status "remains" while it clearly shows last update of 1/2000 - over a year and a half ago. Had they verified this date would have been 6/2001! I am also dealing with CBA in Philly area (Cherry Hill, NJ).

What do we do now?

I've sent them a letter already, certified return receipt, saying that I am curious as to how they "verified" when I, a customer (alleged) have been unable to get verification since 6/14/01 and furthermore, in my calls to Chase, this account does not even come up in their database and how they referred me to the archives dept and that dept also could not find verification or records!

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Tom,
    I've been trying to call CBA for the last 20 minutes. How on earth did you get thru? I call the 800 #, select #5 to speak to customer service and then get a busy signal. They don't even have a system where you can stay online and wait for the next available csr! I just get a busy signal. Do you have a fax #???

6. tmitchell

I got lucky. I had the same thing happening to me on Friday. They said their phone system isn't working right. You aren't supposed to get that beeping busy signal.

All I can say is to keep trying. That's what I did.

Tom