Experian online dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Experian online disputes

To clarify:

It is only the Experian consumer web site that lets you dispute items on your EXP report online. CreditExpert (CE) simply lets you access your report and dispute it through the Experian web site, shown on CE's lower frame.

CE does not handle your disputes at all; It only facilitates your access to the Experian web site. If you're entitled to a free credit report, you can & should dispute directly w/ the Experian web site.

Saar

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Re: Experian online disputes

Thanks for the info.

But I can't access my report online from experian.com. As long as the end result is that my dispute get taken care of, I think I might shell out $70 dollars for creditexpert.

And I like creditexpert because I can pull a updated report instantly and see right away if a dispute has been resolved. And even though the credit score is not a FiCO score, it is pretty close and I am going to monitor and see how much inquiries really way down on the credit report.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post Saar,

As a basis for discussion, I am going to accept what you just said here.

Now on a related topic - I was unable to access my on-line Experian report for months. I always received strange messages from Experian claiming technical difficulty or that there was a verification of identity problem etc.

When I would occasionally call their crafty little reps. I would always get a negative response to my requests to dispute certain things.

The moment, I signed up for "Creditexpert" and good old EX saw the possibility of making money off me; I am now disputing things that I had been told were impossible to dispute.

Again, I don't disagree with you but I have found "Creditexpert" much more dispute friendly than the regular EX website or their EX reps.

Best wishes - Jim

4. Saar

Saar Banned

I agree. If I had/would have difficulties pulling directly from EXP, I too would consider CE as an option. Though, as some mentioned, their current price isn't very competitive.

I've ended my CE membership for now. If circumstances change (pricing, availability), I'll consider it. For now I have Privista (EFX) & CreditAbility (TU).

Saar

5. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Saar:

How do you like the Creditability, I have not haerd about it?

Is it similar to CE and Priv.?

Thanks1

Cyprigirl:)

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

When I went to their website a few weeks ago they were not accepting new signups.

{Edit}

Yep.. I went there just now and got this:

Thank you for interest in CreditAbility, Trans Union's credit monitoring service. We regret to inform you that we are not currently accepting enrollments for this service. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you would like to order a copy of your personal credit report, please visit:

http://www.transunion.com/CreditReport/

Thank you.

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Creditability

A few weeks back, I went to the Creditability web site and checked into joining. A message came back stating that membership was closed.

Maybe there is a quota and it has been reached? Perhaps the service will eventually be phased out?

I don't know, of course...just speculating...but I wish the option of joining was still available.

Donna

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Creditability

Saar,

Since you have ended your CE membership at the 30 day mark, do you feel comfortable discussing the "dispute function"?

As in - If you used it? Was it successful?

As we discussed on another thread, I am aware that you might not want to talk about disputes as you are "strategizing" at the present time. I am too. However, I plan to share with the board my CE experience with disputes when I have some results.

Best wishes - Jim

9. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I've been trying to signup for TU's creditability for almost 2 weeks. Each time I get the "not accepting enrollment" message. I called today and they said the site is undergoing some renovation and that they estimated that the "re-rollout" would be in August. Oh well, maybe they'll enhance it some.

10. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I have disputes currently on Experian. I just went to their website. If you are disputing and you receive a "we have received your dispute(s)" letter from Experian, you can go to the Experian website and check on the progress of your disputes. I thought that was just way too cool.

It's a shame that Equifax or TU doesn't offer that service through their sites. Maybe Privista does for Equifax, but I am not a member of either CreditExpert or Privista so I don't know. I guess we should be glad to be able to send disputes online. LOL