Experian Online Disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jun 25, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

On Friday I disputed five inquiries, all of my inaccurate addresses and an inaccurate name on my Experian report online. The inaccurate name (my mother's because her first name begins with the same letter as my middle name) has already been removed. Nothing on the inquiries or addresses yet.

2. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I am trying to find out on their website where I can dispute the items.....they list my father as my husband! As well as an incorrect DL number.

I am on the screen where they ask if you want to view credit report, investigation results,....blah blah blah...where do i go from there?

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You actually have to be inside your credit report. You can get this through creditexpert.com, purchasing a credit report online, or going through the "denied credit in the last 60 days" process to get a free report.

Once you are inside your credit report, you can click on the personal information link. You will then have an option to "request investigation".

4. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

Cool....Thanks!

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

addresses will be removed within 48 hours , thats not a big deal.

inquiries seem to be taking longer. I hope they will remove them though. They removed my first 2 inquiry disputes in 48 hours. It's taking a little longer with my current batch of 8 disputes. ;)

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

7. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

leo

I finally got it, thank you!!!!!!

I can dispute online now.

Cyprigirl :)

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

good luck!

9. Cyprigirl

Well I have gotten 3 more deletions from Experian, although admittedly Experian are difficult to deal with, it is definitely worth it when you get the results.

From 15 now down to 7 on Experian from May 2001 to present and with at least 3 more that are sure to come off within the next month or so. But considering, it is Experian, I will have to be a little patient.

Also I advise that if you had an item reverified and they refuse to do it over the phone, write it in , I have gotten them to reinvestigate several items once they received my demand letter, they did reinvestigate.

Credit Expert has not updated my file as of yet. So I am hoping for a nice bounce.

Cyprigirl:)

10. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl (or anyone else for that matter)....

As these disputes are coming off, are anyone's scores going up as a result? I ask because my scores are 492, 493, and 519 (these are real scores that lenders gave me) and I need to get all three over 500 to qualify for a mortgage through a particular lender by next summer.

My experian has 6 collections and two charge offs since my BK in 1997. The 2 chargeoffs are a combined $1600 and are about 2 months old. I also have a car loan that's 14 months old with two 30 day that are 13 months old (I will be disputing these). On the bright side, I DO have 2 store charges, 2 visa, and 1 MC that are about 6 months old that are perfect.

I know at least 5 of the 6 colelctions are being deleted. My question is whether or not the deletion of these collections will raise my score over 500.

I'm sorry if I'm being long-winded but, watching this board, I've realized that you guys (and gals) can only help when given enough info!

Thanks,

Tom

11. Cyprigirl

I don't know Tom, your score does not seem quite right, BK has that much of a negative effect?

I had a 523 when I started about a month and a half ago and now I have a 582 on EQ a 539 on EX but that score should increase considering I got 3 more items deleted. I am waiting for CE to update my file.

Anyway I think from what you have said in your post, your score should me much higher.

Good Luck :

I 'll let everyone now how it changes my score.

Cyprigirl:)

12. Cyprigirl

I got one inquiry removed today, this is great !

I requested the investigation last night
    Awesome!

Cyprigirl :)