Experian online disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

A few observations:

1. They're certainly taking their time investigating inquiries (but still within their legal time frame).

2. Be careful: When you dispute an account (reported to be open) as closed, all they do is add a consumer statement and that's it! They don't investigate it and leave it the way it was. They also note "this account was verified on xx/yy". Possible solution: dispute again, use "other" as the reason, and ask them to specify how they verified it & creditor contact info.

Saar

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Another piece of advice here. I disputed an account with the "Closed by Credit Grantor" tag on it (otherwise solid trade line) once, it was verified in a couple of days. So I disputed again. It was verified quickly, one more time. I tried the third time and creditexpert.com would not allow me to do it again saying this account has already been verified. Just a word of warning.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

2 Q's:

1. What wording have you used to dispute it?

2. Have you asked that they tell you HOW & WITH WHOM they had verified it?

Saar

4. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

1. Used "other" and explicitly stated that the account was closed by consumer, not by the creditor and I wanted it to state it that way.

2. Did not make that request.

It is untrue so it seemed like a no brainer to me.