Experian online disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tom65432, Oct 31, 2001.

1. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Are the Experian online disputes through Credit Expert any faster than the ones done through snail mail? How long do they usually take?

My experience with the snail mail disputes is that they take a full 30 days, no matter how easy.

2. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

They are allowed 30 days from the day they receive it. If you do it online they receive it as soon as hit enter, which saves the 4 or 5 days it takes to get to them. Plus you can have the reults sent to your email address which saves another 4 or 5 days getting back to you.

3. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I guess my question is "do they do it any quicker if you submit it online or do they still take 30 days?"
    In other words, do they give online disputes any type of priority?

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Each of my online disputes thru credit expert took 29 or 30 days, with the exception of the first one, which was an inquiry dispute. That one only took about 3 weeks. (if I remember correctly)

5. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

Quick question...
    I disputed a couple of inquiries almost a month ago and it still says under investigation, I started another dispute for an acct. about 2 weeks ago. Did I reset the 30 day clock for the inquiries by doing this? Do they send an updated copy if the inq. were deleted?
    KHM

6. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

The way it has worked from my experience is that each dispute is individual. You should receive some sort of notice for each one, whether it is an updated report, or just a notice telling you what they decided.

I think, but I am not sure, that they only send a report if they made a change. I don't have time to check right now, but I think once they deleted inquiries without sending a complete report. Not sure why...